ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Must application form be signed before referee fills form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john87654
Newly Registered

Must application form be signed before referee fills form

Post by john87654 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I am in the process of completing my form AN. Since my referees were going on holiday, I got the references completed early. My referees didn't ask to see my application and hence I have signed the application form (section 6) three weeks after the referees have signed the references. My question is:

Must section 6 (declaration) of application form AN be completed and signed before the referees sign their form. Or is it ok if its signed afterwards before NCS.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

It does not seem to matter in which order the signatures are put on to the form.

For my wife, when she applied back in 2004, the date order of the signatures was a referee, my wife, then the other referee. No problem, application successful.
John

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am

John wrote:It does not seem to matter in which order the signatures are put on to the form.

For my wife, when she applied back in 2004, the date order of the signatures was a referee, my wife, then the other referee. No problem, application successful.
John, Which form is this? I have the C1 form and there is place for only 1 referee?

Are the forms different?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am

dilmundesert, you are already British? So now, it appears, you are applying for a passport?
John

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 am

For naturalisation (form AN), you need two referees.
For passport application (form C1 outside the UK. A different form within UK), you need one referee.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Jambo wrote:For naturalisation (form AN), you need two referees.
For passport application (form C1 outside the UK. A different form within UK), you need one referee.
Thanks Jambo
John, this was explained in advance in an earlier thread started by me.