ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

funny HSMP application refusal (app sent via workpermit.com)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap2004
Newly Registered

funny HSMP application refusal (app sent via workpermit.com)

Post by ap2004 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:27 pm

I have sent HSMP application third time on 20 th June 2006. The decision was made on 25th July but the result was not good. I had claimed points on Education (25), Experience(25), Earnings(25) and partners achievement (10). Pointes awareded are Education (25), Experience(0), Earnings(25) and partners achievement (10).

My application was refused as i didnt score on work experience. They awareded o points for work experince saying that experience was not of graduate level. [b].I was awarded 25 points for work experience 2 times for same documents.

It is surprising, isnt it?I am not sure what has changed this time. I think its just a excuse to refuse application for no reason.

My application was refused last time for earnings. The total score was 60.

I had scored 25 points for earnings. This time scored zero for experience. The total score this time is 60 as well. They just want to refuse my application for no reason.

I know my case is very strong but they are playing games. Does anybody know whats the best way to appeal if 2 reviews are also refused? I have lost confidence in HSMP team. I am not sure whether they are honest anymore.

please advise.

ap

funny HSMP application refusal (app sent via workpermit.com

Post by 1971 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:07 am

Hi,

Don't give up. You have right to 2 appeals. I will advise you that appealing saves you from making another payment. Since you have previously applied twice, I advise that you request for review stating in your appeal that "It is contradicting that in your former applications- state the dates the decisions were made, the responsibilities stated in your employer reference letters were accepted and that you are surprised that the same letter stating same roles and responsilities in your latter application is not accepted. State that it is clearly stated in the HSMP Applicant Guidance what "Graduate level experience" is.

Also, state some of the courses you did in the university in relation to your claimed roles and responsibilties and that your degree relates greatly to these job roles. Explain that without having this degree, no one can perform this work effectively and efficiently. Also, you have tyo be very polite when writing this letter. I warn, don't make it seem that you are commanding them but that you believe that it is an oversight by thge caseworker and no one is above mistakes.

Also, pray and commit to God's hand.

I had a similar experience and called yesterday and my review request has been approved.

I wish you the best.

Please, post your result. I know this will work for you.

Regards

Newly Registered

Post by 1980 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:46 am

Have you submitted last 2 refusal letters with this application???

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:48 am

3 times refusal is just too much...

Why are you wasting money on that? Wait for new rule - they will have points only for age, education, income.

Are you in UK? Why not just try for Work Permit?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 am

Hi ap2004,

May be you will try to ask lowyer's help?

Yes this is money but you can pay once and be approved.

Good luck.

surcha
Newly Registered

Post by surcha » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:02 pm

new rule??? when is that coming out?

Newly Registered

Post by 1980 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:17 pm

If you check the Announcements from HO on 12 June 2006 they clearly mentioned that

"Second and subsequent paid applications receive fresh consideration. Points awarded for evidence submitted with previous applications may not be awarded on a subsequent application."

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant3.html

Thanks,

Post by 1971 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi,

Please, try doing what I said earlier. It doesn't cost you anything. You can review twice after every fresh application.

But my honest advice is that you do what I have stated above. I did it and it worked for me.SO, I believe it will for you too.

"it's easy to follow the crowd, but difficult to stand alone."

Regards.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Listen carefully!!

a. If you don't tick the scores, you will be not awarded points.
b. Income is considered for last 12 months, ur calimed income will be old one, i assume.

cleare

ap2004
Newly Registered

funny HSMP application refusal (app sent via workpermit.com

Post by ap2004 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:15 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks for your feedback. I had applied through lawyer and my lawyer has already sent first review request on 27th July.

I am currently working in UK and have applied thrice as i was eligible. I am working in Procurement function,therefore, i may not get work permit today in this area. I did get workpermit in the year 2002 for 2 years. I am now currently holding dependent visa and would like to convert to HSMP as a back up to my wife's work permit as any thing can happen now a days.

I am still not confdent whether HSMP will award 25 points during first and 2nd review. However, I want to fight this battle as i am eligible and should get HSMP. I am an engineer with double MBA. I have also completed a degree in my field in UK. I also have 8 years of experience with 5 years of experience in UK. It is really sad that I am not eligible inspite of higher education (engineer plus double MBA) and long experience in my field.

I now strongly believe that is it easy to live in this country illegaly or as a refugee. They dont welcome educated, skilled and experienced people who are honest and would like to live in this country legally and contribute towards economy. [b]It is really unfortunate[/b].

Let see what happens.

Thanks a lot

ap

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: funny HSMP application refusal (app sent via workpermit.

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:17 am

ap2004 wrote: They dont welcome educated, skilled and experienced people who are honest and would like to live in this country legally and contribute towards economy. It is really unfortunate.
Because the govt. doesn't want immigrants to settle down here permanently....

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:31 am

sohail akhter wrote:Listen carefully!!

a. If you don't tick the scores, you will be not awarded points.
You kidding right? In my HSMP form, Section 2 (Work Experience), page 5, there is NO TICK BOX for the points. So I actually just "circled" the number (35 points).

So since the form itself does NOT hve the checkbox, then they're not going to award the point? How can that be? I can't even add my own tick box because the damn Word docs is locked down.

Also, I did NOT write in my score in the box that says "Your Score (Max ...)" because it's under a column titled "HO use only". Am I supposed to write on this box?

Newly Registered

Post by 1980 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:18 am

Dear All,

My first HSMP application was refused because Case worker didn’t award me full point for my master Degree, I submitted my Provisional degree certificate for the Masters Degree and Actual Degree Certificate for Bachelor’s Degree but they awarded points according to my bachelor’s degree. But I got full points for my work experience.

Now I am having my original Degree certificate and Naric Certificate for my Masters

I am planning to put my second application Please let me know if is it worth to put my first application’s refusal letter and based on that explanation regarding the new evidence of the Master Degree I am having. or should put fresh application (I am also worried, This time how they will treat with my work experience points) :? :? :?

Thanks & Regards,

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi 1980,

It will be better for you to request for review and explain them that they was wrong. It is strong argument to have NARIC Certificate.
Just apply for rview but do not send them any document you can just fax them.

Best Regards. :)

Newly Registered

Post by 1980 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:37 pm

Thanks Arm

Actually the time frame to request review has already passed in my case. They allow request for review within one month of the decision but in my case, i received my documents after 1.5 months later. In this case i guess i wl have to again put fresh application for the same. Any comments???

Regards,

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi 1980,

I think you don't need to send them your refussial letter.
As I know it will not afect to their decision.
Send them your NARIC letter. If you have problem with your experience
You will review and explain them every thing.
Good luck. :)

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi 1980
Can u tell me in how many days u got letter from NARIC
means if they made decision in two days how much it will take to reach the destination(means pakistan).
do they have any other service like they deduct the DHL amount from my credit card and DHL me.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:36 am

Hi sajid.razzaque

Explore this site:
http://www.naric.org.uk/
If you dont find the information you need e-mail them or make a call.

but their service is not from good :(

Good luck