ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Solihull PEO 24 June 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amoghdhamankar

ILR Success - Solihull PEO 24 June 2011

Post by amoghdhamankar » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi All,

Firstly many thanks for the forum on the immense guidance and knowledge that has been shared by the members through their topics. I just received my ILR application confirmation through Solihull PEO. I thought of sharing my experience with you all.

1) Reached at 1000 for 1030 appointment with my wife. My daughter had gone for school
2) After security check, I was given a token number
3) Surprisingly, at sharp 1030, my number was called and the case worker at Counter 4 greeted me with a smile
4) The documents which she asked were -
4a) Passports (Mine + 2 Dependents) . In the Home Office database, they had complete Immigration history (WP + HSMP + Tier 1)
4b) 12 months UK salary slips indicating Gross, Deduction and Net Earnings
4c) 12 months bank statement indicating where the salary was deposited. The case worker said that sine my Gross Earning had increased since the last Tier 1 approval, there was no need for her to look at my Points Claims
4d) Cohabitation document - Joint House Mortgage statement for past 3 years
4e) Photographs
4g) Ofcourse, completed SET (O) form post May 2011
5) After checking all the documents, I was asked to pay at the cash counter and asked to return after 2 to 2:30 hours
6) I returned to the PEO at around 1330 and my stamped passports were ready for collection

Hope this helps for all the people who will be applying for ILR. All the Best!!!

I will be visiting the forum again, this time for British CItizenship guidance.

Many thanks once again and all the very best to aspiring ILR applicants

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Congrats on the Success, Have a roll!
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

sarwat
Newly Registered

Post by sarwat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Did you fill section 9?
I am slightly worried after reading your post as my earnings have dropped since my last application?
Are they going to do point scoring again?
I will be thankful for some guidance.
HSMP july 06, Tier 1 Aug 2008

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 am

Hi amoghdhamankar,

How early did you call up the PEO to book an appointment? My visa expires on the 17th of October and I would like to call as early as possible

Hariff

amoghdhamankar

Post by amoghdhamankar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

@hariff_m: I called up Solihull PEO office after I passed my Life in the UK Test. I passed the test on 26th May and had my appointment with PEO on 24th June. When I called up, the earliest date avaialble was 12th June. However, to get myself organised, I took a later date. Hope this helps and all the best!!!

@sarwat: Yes. I did fill up Section 9 however, the only document to be produced was salary slips to ensure u qualify on the points as there is a mention of not producing anything else on education age etc if you have already qualified Tier 1 visa based on points. Hope this helps and all the best!!!!

@samkma: Many thanks!!!!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success - Solihull PEO 24 June 2011

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:19 pm

amoghdhamankar wrote:Hi All,

Firstly many thanks for the forum on the immense guidance and knowledge that has been shared by the members through their topics. I just received my ILR application confirmation through Solihull PEO. I thought of sharing my experience with you all.

1) Reached at 1000 for 1030 appointment with my wife. My daughter had gone for school
2) After security check, I was given a token number
3) Surprisingly, at sharp 1030, my number was called and the case worker at Counter 4 greeted me with a smile
4) The documents which she asked were -
4a) Passports (Mine + 2 Dependents) . In the Home Office database, they had complete Immigration history (WP + HSMP + Tier 1)
4b) 12 months UK salary slips indicating Gross, Deduction and Net Earnings
4c) 12 months bank statement indicating where the salary was deposited. The case worker said that sine my Gross Earning had increased since the last Tier 1 approval, there was no need for her to look at my Points Claims
4d) Cohabitation document - Joint House Mortgage statement for past 3 years
4e) Photographs
4g) Ofcourse, completed SET (O) form post May 2011
5) After checking all the documents, I was asked to pay at the cash counter and asked to return after 2 to 2:30 hours
6) I returned to the PEO at around 1330 and my stamped passports were ready for collection

Hope this helps for all the people who will be applying for ILR. All the Best!!!

I will be visiting the forum again, this time for British CItizenship guidance.

Many thanks once again and all the very best to aspiring ILR applicants
Hi congratulation! You mentioned something about case worker saying "The case worker said that sine my Gross Earning had increased since the last Tier 1 approval, there was no need for her to look at my Points Claims" Can you please advise, how case worker knew about it? I mean how he knows what your income was in previous Tier-1 and what your income is now? Is there anything mentioned in the form? Thanks

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:36 pm

amoghdhamankar wrote:@hariff_m: I called up Solihull PEO office after I passed my Life in the UK Test. I passed the test on 26th May and had my appointment with PEO on 24th June. When I called up, the earliest date avaialble was 12th June. However, to get myself organised, I took a later date. Hope this helps and all the best!!!

@sarwat: Yes. I did fill up Section 9 however, the only document to be produced was salary slips to ensure u qualify on the points as there is a mention of not producing anything else on education age etc if you have already qualified Tier 1 visa based on points. Hope this helps and all the best!!!!

@samkma: Many thanks!!!!
Thanks yaar. And when was ur visa expiring? I want to call as early as possible. My visa expires on the 17th of October, so technically i can apply from the 20th of september. I have all my documents ready now, and i would like to call, say, today itself. Doe that make sense

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

sarwat wrote:Did you fill section 9?
I am slightly worried after reading your post as my earnings have dropped since my last application?
Are they going to do point scoring again?
I will be thankful for some guidance.
HSMP july 06, Tier 1 Aug 2008
If you fall under HSMP JR (April to Nov 2006 category) you don't have to fill section 9.

YOu have to fill
Section 3B:

Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

SECTION 10 G

Highly skilled migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and other appropriate categories, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following:

amoghdhamankar

Post by amoghdhamankar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

@nionlight
Through the Passport, she was able to get status of all my previous visa status (Work Permit, HSMP, Tier 1 etc) She then calculated my Gross Salary through the salary slips which I submitted and concluded that my current salary was higher than the salary shown while applyting for Tier 1 Points based system. Hope this helps

@hariff_m
My visa was valid till Apr 2012

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm

amoghdhamankar wrote:@nionlight
Through the Passport, she was able to get status of all my previous visa status (Work Permit, HSMP, Tier 1 etc) She then calculated my Gross Salary through the salary slips which I submitted and concluded that my current salary was higher than the salary shown while applyting for Tier 1 Points based system. Hope this helps

@hariff_m
congrats.. this whole problem (calculating points) was due to section 9. An applicant who fall in April -Nov 2006 Category is not required to fill the section 9.
Person Just need 5 years P60 and 3 months salary slips...

amoghdhamankar

Post by amoghdhamankar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

@rajesh_kumar01 - You cannot be so confident on P60 and salary slips. I was not asked about P60 at all but she tool 12 months salary slips and calculated Gross and Net Payments...

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:38 pm

amoghdhamankar wrote:@nionlight

@hariff_m
Really? They can track what points I claimed and what was my salary when I applied for Tier-1 extension just by scanning the passport? ohh didn't know that. So you think it may cause problem if salary is lower than the salary during Tier-1 extension even though it meets required points for ILR?

amoghdhamankar

Post by amoghdhamankar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 pm

@nionlight: If you meet points criteria with the existing salary, it should not be an issue

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:12 pm

amoghdhamankar wrote:@rajesh_kumar01 - You cannot be so confident on P60 and salary slips. I was not asked about P60 at all but she tool 12 months salary slips and calculated Gross and Net Payments...
You started your application wrong ? What option did u tick in section 3 and 10 ?
if one fall in category HSMP APRIL- NOV 2006 then applicant need to tick. 3b ( hsmp ..........) And 10 g . Please check my post above .
And sorry to say , your case worker wasn't smart other
Wise why will she count salary ? cumulative is given on each salary slip.
It doesn't matter to u or me as we are done but after reading your post they try to collect and carry unnecessary documents .
Anyway , once again congrats .