ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Visa.... My Wife on Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ucas
Newly Registered

Tier1 Visa.... My Wife on Visitor Visa

Post by ucas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 am

Hi,

I came to UK one month back on Tier1 Visa and currently working. I like to get my wife intially on Visitor visa.

But for visitor visa i need to submit following docs..

As i came here 1 month back, the problem is

1.Supporting letter - This one i can provide.

2. Address and proof (Tenancy Agreement) - Iam staying with my friend in a 2bedroom apartment, so the tenancy agreement is NOT in my name.

Can i give my friends tenancy agreement, where i am staying?

3. Bank details (if i am providing ticket and other expenses) - I can give but only for a month. Is it enough?

Please help me how to handle this....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Just remember that when applying for a visitor visa for your wife, you need to prove that she will be going back after her visit to the UK. Being your wife, there is a compelling reason for her not to return back after her visit - have you looked at how you will justify that she will definitely return and that she has no intention to remain in the UK?

In terms of the accommodation, just include a letter from your friend saying that you are staying there and that your wife is welcome to also stay there for however long she will be visiting.

ucas
Newly Registered

Post by ucas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for reply..

Yes, there are chances of question, of not going back.

Actually she is working in India and will come here on long vacation.

A letter from that indian company can be produced stating that she has taken 6 months no pay leave and will join back on return after 6 months.

Will this help in gaining visa?

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 pm

My friend's wife's application was rejected who was in somewhat similar situation as yours. He was on Tier-2 ICT and though she proved that she has employment in India they rejected saying that since husband has tier-2 ICT they did not find a valid reason to issue a visitor visa for the dependant.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Visa.... My Wife on Visitor Visa

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Why do you not want to apply for Tier1 G dependent visa?

ucas
Newly Registered

Post by ucas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

My visa expiry date is Mar 2012 and i recently entered in Uk. And i will be applying for extension by Jan2012.

So i dont want to wait for 90days fund maintainence period for dependant visa process and again in Jan2011 I have to process dependant for my wife.

So thats the reason i wanna get the wife through visitor visa now..

Is this advicable, in my case? Response appreciated

thanks
Ucas

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Well, you have Venk_it case, where visitor visa was rejected as applicant was eligible to apply as Tier1 ICT dependent.

If I am not wrong, visitor visa form will have question about she being married, where is your husband, if you know someone in UK, if yes.. how. You can not lie or use deception.

I would suggest to apply for dependent visa. Rest is your choice.