ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All we are saying is give peace a chance :)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Egyptiano
Newly Registered

All we are saying is give peace a chance :)

Post by Egyptiano » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 pm

1. Category changing (switching) from - TIER 2 ICT to TIER 1 General
2. Date of expiry of previous leave - 13 August ,2011
3. Date application posted - 5 April ,2011 (albeit without English Language proof)
4. Application Received by Home Office- 19 April 2011
5. Payment Mode - Postal Cheque
6. Date of IELTS certificate received by Home Office: 22 April 2011
7. Date Biometric letter received - 09 May 2011
8. Date of biometric enrolment - 16 May 2011 at Post office
9. Date passport received -20 June 2011
10. BRP received - 24 June 2011
11. New Leave valid from - 17 June 2011

Applying on the last day bfore the immigration rules change in the midst of a personal drama of leaving my current job as of 30 April 2011, just sat for IELTS exam on 2nd of April with 4 hours preparation literally, my last bank statement for March 2011 was just a fax copy as the original wasn't sent yet, My original degree certificate was resting in an envelope in my home country and the only thing that I kept here in the Uk is an academic transcript with grades! An immigration consultant told me that chances would be slim and I started to lose patience and hope with the quite lengthy process, but I have got it at the end. I sent through the original certificate and the missing original bank statement along with my IELTS test results at a later date and luckily they were considered by the caseworker as an evidence.

Everybody is talking about immigration, certification, naturalisation, integration and all we are saying is give peace a chance!!!

Reading articles on this forum was very helpful and sometimes wasb't encouraging to hear the bad news, yet very informative. I am chuffed to bits for my application approval and look forward now to sort out my own issues to survive in this country.

I wish all the best to everyone waiting in anticipation for her/his results.

cheers