ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions about EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Penelope111
Newly Registered

A few questions about EEA2

Post by Penelope111 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

I am currently waiting for my EEA family permit to travel to the UK together with my husband to live and find a job. We have been living in an EEA country for 1.5 years as a married couple. Keeping my fingers crossed, I am already looking at paperwork needed for the EEA2 for the next step.

Please if anyone could help with the following questions:

1. It is very likely that I will find a job before my husband within these 6 months. I am confused about being a jobseeker and the self sufficient person category that need to apply to him. Does he need to register with JSA or would it be sufficient for him to provide evidence of him looking for a job e.g. papers supporting registration with job agencies and emails for job applications?

2. What kind of comprehensive insurance would be required if being a jobseeker would not be our best option? I have looked at the forums for insurance company names but found nothing conclusive.

3. When is the best time for us to apply for the EEA1 and EEA2? I am thinking it is best to apply once I have a job and have at least 1 payslip. However, is there any benefit to applying within the first 90 days of us entering? I would like to avoid a scenario where my family permit has expired and I am still waiting for the residence card.

4. Last question. My husband and I do not carry out the usual couple practices like having a joint bank account etc. There isn't any particular reason for this however I do realise this will not help with our application. Please could you advise what documents are necessary as support? I am thinking a joint tenancy agreement and a joint bank account. Is there anything crucial that I am missing out?

Thank you for all your comments.