ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US greencard and Canadian Residency at same time

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghani
Newly Registered

US greencard and Canadian Residency at same time

Post by ghani » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:10 pm

Me and my wife got our Canadian Permanent Residency, but I also have US Green card. Can i live in canda with my wife and work in US.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:58 pm

How do you propose to live in Canada but work in the US?

confused1

Post by confused1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Teleports is the answer :)

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 pm

Mern!
You can definitely live in Canada and work in the US. My friends in TO(sorry Toronto) cross the border everytime to work in downtown buffulo. It depends on how far you live from each border. If you can bear with the commute fine if not buy a private jet!
Praise The Lord!!!!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:07 pm

I am aware of many 'commuters' who got their US GC lifted at a border crossing - the US GC is for residence in the US not a glorified visitor visa. A re-entry permit for the purposes of 'intent to maintain US residence' can be obtained - balancing this against the 'where is your home/house aka the pillow test' as well as taxes (US LPR's must file all global income) across the 2 countries (even taking into account tax treaties) only makes this more of a challenge. Ultimatley you are unable to accumulate residence time that counts towards naturalisation in one of the country's. It is best where possible to obtain citizenship in one country then reside in the other.

terrice
Newly Registered

how many days actually in US?

Post by terrice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:20 pm

Dear all,
I hope there is no “sex preference” discrimination here. I am a Canadian, I met a guy last time when I visited US. I think I deeply in love with him, and here are all my questions:

1. How many days I actually could stay in US with my Canadian passport?
Someone said it is 30 days, 60 days and 180 days each time, some said each year, I just don’t know which one is true.

2. Every time when I visited US, I find the immigration always gives me a visa class in “B2” and until days ” N/C”, what that means?

3. I intend to stay in US with my boy friend under the following options and I want to clarify some issues here too:

- if I want to study in US, is it easy to apply as a Canadian which US and Canada has such a good relationship?

- If I want to set up a company here, the capitol I should invest would be from US 50,000 to 1,000,000 and at least employ 10 staff, is it true? The preference of their selection is based on the amount of capitol or the type of the business? Is that type of application very complicated and better to hire a lawyer to apply

- If I just go to US like staying there 3 months (I mean the max days I could stay) and go back to Canada for several weeks and come back to US. Would it work? Or are there a lot of people doing the same thing?

- In UK, there is a law for gay partner to stay in their country if they prove their relationship lasted for a period ? I know there is no law to protect the gay partner in US or Canada, do you know is there any other method?

I just don’t know who could help me. Please save me.

:cry:

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Terrice,
Your post has been answered by the moderator at this Link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=9218

Kayalami:
Is it possible to delete or block multiple post so that the room does not get clogged up?

Thanks
Jes