ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requirements or an EEA to bring a partner to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

altevirbozon
Newly Registered

requirements or an EEA to bring a partner to UK

Post by altevirbozon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

I was wondering what are the requirements for an EEA citizen to bring the spouse to live in the uk. Is there a minimum income? Or a minimum amount saved in a bank? A minimum time living in the uk? In my case she is a national from Denmark that used to work and now is a full time student. Is it legally possible for her to bring me, a Brazilian national, to live with her indefinitely in London?

Thanks

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Thank you everyone in this forum.

altevirbozon
Newly Registered

Post by altevirbozon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:54 pm

thanks for your help.

Read the website but my questions about minimum income and savings are not answered there - or at least i couldn't find.

thanks again

darlene82328
Newly Registered

Post by darlene82328 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

There is no restriction on income and saving as long as your EEA spouse is here to exercise the treaty.

altevirbozon
Newly Registered

Post by altevirbozon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 pm

thanks a lot

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:26 pm

altevirbozon wrote:thanks for your help.

Read the website buty questions about minimum income and savings are not answered there - or at least i couldn't find.

thanks again
I woudl try to give you even a little clue, although I am not absolutely sure about the validity of the following information.

When I talked to my solicitor , before I applied for the eea2, he briefly mentioned the minimum income for the EEA national, and I think he said it is 8,000 pounds per Year or maybe even less . Dont cling to it too much, but I think that is what he said ( I didnt pay attention that much as that didnt worry me, other things were on my mind)

http://www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/eea.htm#item7
... Theatre of Absurdity..

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Godott wrote:
altevirbozon wrote:thanks for your help.

Read the website buty questions about minimum income and savings are not answered there - or at least i couldn't find.

thanks again
I woudl try to give you even a little clue, although I am not absolutely sure about the validity of the following information.

When I talked to my solicitor , before I applied for the eea2, he briefly mentioned the minimum income for the EEA national, and I think he said it is 8,000 pounds per Year or maybe even less . Dont cling to it too much, but I think that is what he said ( I didnt pay attention that much as that didnt worry me, other things were on my mind)

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:50 pm

most solicitor in UK do not know much about EEA Route, i have talk to many, they are very good in the National Law, The best place to get advice is to come here to this forum, it has really help a lot of people get their life back. It is free and many talented people are here to advice you with their personal experience.

altevirbozon
Newly Registered

Post by altevirbozon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Godott and darlene82328 info are contradictory.

found some valuable information at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/

but still in doubt.

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Mine, mainly works with European ones.