ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/Registration For Child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VishalG

ILR/Registration For Child

Post by VishalG » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello

I have seen this statement several times on lots of forums here, but can you please advise me where is this on ukba site.

immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.

I can see the other part of stetement but not

irrespective of child's immigration status.

Also if someone can suggest me please is there any time for wife as dependent that she can or cannot stay outside uk while applying for ILR as dependent along with me as main applicant.

thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 pm

The quote is clearer if you included the given links. Section 1(3) doesn't specify child's immigration status.

Dependent wife cannot make an ILR application from outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks for your reply

I didn't mean that she is outside uk , she is in uk and living with me since i entered into UK in aug 2006, I am asking that as she has been outside uk to visit family for more than 210 days in last 5 years does it make any issue while applying for her ilr along with me as dependent.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks for the help

I am going to apply for my ILR along with my wife as dependent next week (on the basis of work permit + Tier 1 (general) which is valid till october 2012), i haven't include my daugter (on dependent visa till october 2012) into this application as can register her directly using MN! form.

can anyone please advise after getting my ILR when i will aply for registraiton for my baby can she go to india and how as I think her dependent visa will be invalid once I will get ILR but not for her.

as we may plan to go to india to visit parents for a month or 2.

thanks

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Once you get ILR you can apply for BC(regustration) of your daughter if she was born here in UK.
does your daughter has a valid UK visa ? You will need it if you go out and come come before she gets her British Passport. Or you can apply for her passport in your country but it will take 12+ weeks to get that.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks rajesh

yes she Born in UK in 2008 and has valid uk dependent visa till oct 2012 (as on mine) but I think once I get ILR her visa will be invalid. I will immiditely apply for her naturalization but my querries are :

1) Am I rightly thinking that her dependent visa will be invelid once I will get ILR

2) if I apply immidiately for her naturalization after getting my ILR can she still travel on her indian passport on same dependent visa

3) or if I apply for her passport then I think I need to give her indian passport back to india embassy, in that case whats the process to go to india with her (my plan is to go to india in jan)

thanks

linearkieran

Post by linearkieran » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Not sure about your first two points but for the third point
1) After you get your MN1 registration certificate, apply for British passport from IPS
2) Surrender Indian Passport
3) Either apply for Indian visa or apply for PIO card for your daughter (there is a lot information on this forum for this).