ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Work Experience!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKWork
Newly Registered

About Work Experience!!

Post by UKWork » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Hi All,

I have got around 8 years of experience in IT.

Can i show my work exp of present and past employers as per the guidelines of HSMP. [Period is around 6years].

And will submit the simple format of previous companies, the way they have given me. Is it ok? Or do i have to give for all my previous employers?

I am planning to avail only graduate level of exp of 5yrs.

UKWork
Newly Registered

Is it ok to show only 5yrs Work Exp Out of 8yr?

Post by UKWork » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:33 am

Is it ok to show only 5yrs Work Exp Out of 8yr?

PLS REPLY

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:35 am

Depends if you want to claim those points as dependent or main applicant. If you are the main applicant then you should go for 8 years and your employer reference letter should be a detailed one or else you can just have the simple letter with 5 years of work exp...

About Work Experience!!

Post by 1971 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:18 am

Hi,

Please, know that is advisable to make sure that the employers reference must that " the role/responsibilities requires a minimum of Bachelor's degree and that the post is graduate level". Make sure that the roles a re well detailed (State start and finish dates for each role with company, salary earned, type of employment - Full time only is acceptable,Position and attach a copy of the advert for the position where it is stated that it requires a degree. I know you will surely make it.

Keep the flag flying.

Enjoy.....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:29 pm

The reason why they do not normally accept if you just have employment reference because they have experience in the past, people fake the documents. This is especiassly true if you are not working in the well known Multi national company.

Also they know that in some countries you migh get a dozen of employment refenrece even without involve in that job

Pantaiema

*LINDA*
Newly Registered

Post by *LINDA* » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:27 pm

I feel that you should focus on the graduate level work... so if you worked at a McDonalds for 3 years and 5 doing graduate IT work, then why would you even consider putting the non-graduate?

I worked in many jobs up until recently so I am going to put the ones that really count.