ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:41 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
Hi Marisa and Aceform; I was taking to INIS today. I called up around 12:20 pm and fortunately placed directly in call queue !! One of nice talking Mary then answered currently they are clearing all 2007/2008 and 2009 backlog as they are getting lots of complainants from those batches. So you both might get your yellow form in next month's batch.

I am from Jun2010 batch + LTR approved and she assured ours will processed much quicker than previously thought (23/26 months). She didn't give any timeline but again assured it might be late this year or early next year.

So keep your fingers crossed :D
That's [/b]amazing news :D Thanks taquilasunrise!

alpha_1

Re: processing speed

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Angel592 wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
Well those who already have LTR received their approval. Even from 2010 applications who recently got LTR got their naturalization approved. So my friend there is no chronological order here.

On inis web site it says:
The section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in late 2009

But for you they are telling that they are processing May 2009 Applications. May 2009 does not fall under late 2009 processing time frame. Good Luck with your application, but these guys are making a mess out of this system.
When you say LTR, do you mean Stamp 4 or Stamp 5?
I've been in Ireland since I was 6 years old.. (1999) and I've Stamp 4 (I applied for naturalization in 2010).. and my mom has Stamp 5 and she applied in 2007.. her application has been with the Minister for a few months now.. no replies.. you're right, the system is a mess. i don't understand how they are processing 2009 when there are people waiting from 2007/2008.. :/
You get the 5 year visa once you go through the LTR process. This is what I mean by LTR. It is on Stamp 4 or spouses can also apply as they are on different Stamp.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:50 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
Marisa wrote:
Aceform wrote:??
No, it's not that you might have thought :D
I didn't get anything. And didn't bother to call them either. I remain positive in one thing - our applications (second half of 2008) are piled together.
Hi Marisa and Aceform; I was taking to INIS today. I called up around 12:20 pm and fortunately placed directly in call queue !! One of nice talking Mary then answered currently they are clearing all 2007/2008 and 2009 backlog as they are getting lots of complainants from those batches. So you both might get your yellow form in next month's batch.

I am from Jun2010 batch + LTR approved and she assured ours will processed much quicker than previously thought (23/26 months). She didn't give any timeline but again assured it might be late this year or early next year.

So keep your fingers crossed :D
I applied in May 2010 for naturalization, but don't have LTR. When I called they said they will process it next year. So definitely LTR makes the difference :)

Don't know how soon they can process the LTR application if I apply now for LTR

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:
I didn't get anything. And didn't bother to call them either. I remain positive in one thing - our applications (second half of 2008) are piled together.
hmmm, thought you got the same answer as mine :-)

Ok so, called up INIS again this afternoon. Kept trying for almost 90 odd minutes and on hold for 30 minutes. Spoke to a very very nice Mary. This time more promising news........

Your file is back from the Ministers office, and we are posting out a letter for you today. Don't know how true this is. If it is true, then we both (along with other 2008 applicants) should receive the yellow forms by early next week.

So fingers, knees and toes are crossed.

Wish you all the best.
When your file was sent to Minister's office...?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Eastend wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:

Ok so, called up INIS again this afternoon. Kept trying for almost 90 odd minutes and on hold for 30 minutes. Spoke to a very very nice Mary. This time more promising news........

Your file is back from the Ministers office, and we are posting out a letter for you today. Don't know how true this is. If it is true, then we both (along with other 2008 applicants) should receive the yellow forms by early next week.

Wish you all the best.
When your file was sent to Minister's office...?
24th March

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Truly FANTASTIC news, Aceform!!!
I'm holding my breath now :D
Extremely grateful for your update.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:23 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:Hi Marisa and Aceform; I was taking to INIS today. I called up around 12:20 pm and fortunately placed directly in call queue !! One of nice talking Mary then answered currently they are clearing all 2007/2008 and 2009 backlog as they are getting lots of complainants from those batches. So you both might get your yellow form in next month's batch.
So keep your fingers crossed
Hi taquilasunrise,
Thanks for the support and for sharing the info.
Fingers are going numb from crossing:)

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

please help in below query if anyone has applied for irish passport after getting CON:-

I have original marriage and birth certificates which are not in the long form.I also have copy of affidavits for MC and BC which i used while applying for naturalization as my certificates were not in the long form.

I have to now apply for Irish passport and according to dfa web site, I have to submit long form MC and BC.
Can i use the same affidavit copy for irish passport?or do I have to again get new affidavit done for MC and BC from solicitor?
Is there any validity period for affidavit?
I have to submit all the documents in original with passport application but not sure what to do with affidavits...

cheers

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:

Wish you all the best.
Well Happy days Aceform. Put the Champaigne on ice mate :wink: :lol:

...and hey Marisa, you too sis, you too. I have chosen Nannette to be the designated driver, so no worry about me getting drunk :P

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

monty16220
Newly Registered

Post by monty16220 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi

My file is in the miniser office since end of may'09. Hopefully will hear good news soon.

Monty

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm

9jeirean wrote:

...and hey Marisa, you too sis, you too. I have chosen Nannette to be the designated driver, so no worry about me getting drunk :P

9jeirean
Cheers 9j. Let's hope it is true. I owe you a pint of the black one mate ;-)

9jeirean

Re: hi

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm

dublintogalway wrote:Hi guys,

please help in below query if anyone has applied for irish passport after getting CON:-

I have original marriage and birth certificates which are not in the long form.I also have copy of affidavits for MC and BC which i used while applying for naturalization as my certificates were not in the long form.

I have to now apply for Irish passport and according to dfa web site, I have to submit long form MC and BC.
Can i use the same affidavit copy for irish passport?or do I have to again get new affidavit done for MC and BC from solicitor?
I have to submit all the documents in original with passport application but not sure what to do with affidavits...

cheers
Send them your BC and MC as they are and try get an updated affidavit for both. It would only cost you a few quid anyway. The passport office will contact you if they think there's anything else they need. BTW, have you gotten back your CoN?

9jeirean

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Marisa wrote:Truly FANTASTIC news, Aceform!!!
I'm holding my breath now :D
Extremely grateful for your update.
You are welcome Marisa :-)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Aceform wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

9jeirean
Cheers 9j. Let's hope it is true. I owe you a pint of the black one mate ;-)
If Mary says it of course it has to be true. Are you calling the 'holy one' a liar? :P

Seriously, I think you'll get it in a couple of days. You've waited long enough mate.

9jeirean

dublintogalway

Re: hi

Post by dublintogalway » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 pm

9jeirean wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:Hi guys,

cheers
Send them your BC and MC as they are and try get an updated affidavit for both. It would only cost you a few quid anyway. The passport office will contact you if they think there's anything else they need. BTW, have you gotten back your CoN?

9jeirean
Thanks 9jeirean.. I have not received my CON yet. I have got letter from
INIS on 28th june that they have received my posted yellow form. I am not sure when I will get CON:)
INIS has encashed 950 euro draft for sure:)

SyS
Newly Registered

Living in Limbo

Post by SyS » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm

APP DATE:- Jul 2009
DEPT:- 68/57xx/09
BASIS: 5 Year Residency
GNIB: Stamp 4 (From July-2004 when Landed)
COMMENTS: Got many parking tickets!! So a refusal may not be out of the question.

I would like to express my appreciation to all the members that contribute to this specific forum. It is much easier dealing with a problematic situation with others than to face an anguishing, agonising situation on your own.

I sadly have to admit that after reading the "Living in Limbo - Migrants' Experiences of Applying for Naturalisation in Ireland" written by Barrister Cosgrave, I am utterly appalled and disgusted at the way this state effects a policy of use, abuse and spit out towards its much needed, at the time, migrant labour force. However, this type of behaviour becomes less transparent and hidden away in a time where, it could be argued that, the Free State is shifting its cultural view towards nationalism and protectionism.

I was left with one simple conclusion after having read the statement, for what I feel is simply a government reaction to the aforementioned policy paper, as stated in the Department of Justice, Equality Website on the 16th of June 2011 per the learned Honorable Minister Shatter as:-

"It is entirely inappropriate, and completely out of step with other jurisdictions, that people wishing to become Irish citizens should be expected to wait an average of 25 months for a decision on their application."

I think the overall culture will continue to be to adversely select candidates by their level of economic contribution as opposed to sequential processing, it seems to me, that after having read the over 150 individual citizenship application related comments posted herein, that the less they want you, the longer you will have to wait, and maybe, just maybe you will go away before INIS has to start looking for tangible grounds to refuse an application. It also seems to me that more emphasis was placed on having one "window Dressing" Irish Naturalisation Ceremony for Public Relations to remedy the stigma of Immigrant Council’s policy paper than alternative measures to relieve district courts of each of our counties of the incoming additional pressure.

The irony for me personally, after reading this policy paper, is that there are an increasing number of Irish applicants who wish to apply for citizenship in my country and after a 3-Year residency, the application wait-time and process is easy, comfortable and transparent.

IMO

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: Living in Limbo

Post by Angel592 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:09 pm

SyS wrote:APP DATE:- Jul 2009
DEPT:- 68/57xx/09
BASIS: 5 Year Residency
GNIB: Stamp 4 (From July-2004 when Landed)
COMMENTS: Got many parking tickets!! So a refusal may not be out of the question.

IMO
“I can assure you that no one is going to be refused because they get a parking ticket,â€

SyS
Newly Registered

Post by SyS » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Thank you, though the Parking Ticket comment would be my shot a sarcasm :-) hehe

It is the policy taken "adverse garda attention" that worries me. To be accused without a chance to defend, kinda makes me cringe a bit. I just think that just goes against the Legal Maxim "Innocent until proven guilty". Such INIS policy, I feel, should be considered repugnant to the Constitution, as you can lose your livelihood if a Garda has had a bad day, decides to accuse you, and whamo INIS picks this up ans uses it as a critera to refuse you naturalisation.

I dunno, a bit draconian I think, for our times and for being in the "Western World"
Last edited by SyS on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

CoN came today

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:..
??
I think this is the post of the day as we are nearly speechless and going to loose all words with this system.
Aceform wrote: Cheers taquilasunrise. I have everything crossed at the moment ;-)
Hi Aceform I am really happy for you and trying to image how did you cross everything
PIKKA

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:20 pm

bugu07 wrote:CoN came today
Lovely. Finally you are free. :D
Its never too late

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:39 pm

PIKKA wrote:Hi Aceform I am really happy for you and trying to image how did you cross everything
:D
HI Pikka, I wonder if your Garda report came through? If it is so, we might be in the same batch..

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:00 pm

9jeirean wrote:Well Happy days Aceform. Put the Champaigne on ice mate

...and hey Marisa, you too sis, you too. I have chosen Nannette to be the designated driver, so no worry about me getting drunk

9jeirean
Thank you, 9jeirean. I wholeheartedly hope it's on the way. I will opt for the Veuve Clicquot if it's true...:)
Nannette has not been showing up lately..

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:52 pm

PIKKA wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Marisa wrote:..
??
I think this is the post of the day as we are nearly speechless and going to loose all words with this system.
Aceform wrote: Cheers taquilasunrise. I have everything crossed at the moment ;-)
Hi Aceform I am really happy for you and trying to image how did you cross everything
hahaha, I'm speechless now :-)

cheers Pikka

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey Aceform, glad to know about your status. :lol:

Marisa, best luck for you as well. :D