ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependent for my Wife..Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shiva811
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependent for my Wife..Queries

Post by Shiva811 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 am

Hello All,

I came to UK a month back, i am working and have my appointment letter and have received only one months payslip.

I want to apply tier-1 dependent visa for my wife and 9 month old daughter and following are my queries

1. My wife has maintained £3200 that is required for my wife and for my daughter i.e £1600 for each, now since i am in UK for only 1 month, can my wife apply based on her savings and she is also working as a s/w engineer.

2. Should i show any kind of fund maintained in UK bank and my salary here

Also, Please let me know if any other things if i am missing in this thread...

Please help me with your valuable reply

Thanks,
Shiva

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 Dependent for my Wife..Queries

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Shiva811 wrote:Hello All,

I came to UK a month back, i am working and have my appointment letter and have received only one months payslip.

I want to apply tier-1 dependent visa for my wife and 9 month old daughter and following are my queries

1. My wife has maintained £3200 that is required for my wife and for my daughter i.e £1600 for each, now since i am in UK for only 1 month, can my wife apply based on her savings and she is also working as a s/w engineer.

is it a joint account.

no need to show salary proof at all.

Thanks,
Shiva

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks,
Shiva
Hi Shiva,

Firstly the total maintenance fund required will be 1600+1600+800(for yourself)=4000 pounds which you can maintain in your UK bank account or joint account in your home country

Secondly its not mandate that you have to submit your income documents like salary slip & appointment letter but i will suggest that you should submit it as it will reflect to case worker that you are employed and earning.

Rest follow the site for proof of subsisting relationship documents which is really important for Dependant Visas. Also please ensure that you submit all original documents (marriage cert, bank stmts etc and any other docs which you plan to submit should be original).......Best of Luck

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:44 am

Jacob: you need 1600+1600+800 (self). If you do not have this in one account, you can show out of two/multiple accounts as well, but keep it simple. This account can be of yours, your wife's or joint. This account can be in any country any currency as long as it is any account that allows you to withdraw money whenever you need

Jacob: Follow what I wrote above if you can not meet maintenance fund requirement from one bank. No need to show salary or any proof of that

Jacob:I suggest you spend couple of days reading this forum specially the posts on dependent. Once you read it see if you have additional queries.That way you will be sure about what you are doing.There are posts where everything required is summarised

Thanks,
Shiva