ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future after Psw visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nix8
Newly Registered
England

Future after Psw visa

Post by nix8 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I am on Post study work visa which is expiring next year in October.

As all the rules has been changed so if anybody can guide what we can actually do to get further visas to stay in this country.

Also, can somebody go back to student visa before his Post study work visa expires please ? If so, what is the procedure

Looking forward to your replies

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: Future after Psw visa

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:32 pm

nix8 wrote:Hi everyone,

As all the rules has been changed so if anybody can guide what we can actually do to get further visas to stay in this country.

Apply for T2 visa.

Also, can somebody go back to student visa before his Post study work visa expires please ? If so, what is the procedure

Yes, Apply for T4 Visa.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 pm

nix8 wrote:Hi everyone,

The best thing to do is to find yourself a Job in your sector. Work for more than 6 months. Convince your employer that you're worth it. Get them to sponsor you under TIER2 Visa.

Apart from that I don't see any other way you can stay in UK (Except marrying a EU/EEA Citizen)

If your whole purpose of getting different visas to stay in UK I wont recommend you go back to Student Visa, You wont get anywhere towards settlement. Your best bet is TIER2

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:13 pm

madona587 wrote: If your whole purpose of getting different visas to stay in UK I wont recommend you go back to Student Visa, You wont get anywhere towards settlement. Your best bet is TIER2
Even with T2(from April 2011), you will not be allowed to settle unless you are "Exceptional".

mharoon22
Newly Registered

Post by mharoon22 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm

you can convet to student visa before the end of your psw .