ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ancestory visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail

ancestory visa

Post by sohail » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:21 pm

Does anyone have experience of getting ancestory visa???? Please share your experieces. What documents are required to provide to ECO??
My friend just have the original passport of his grandfather who was born before 1922.

Thanks

Sohail

montgomery
Newly Registered

Post by montgomery » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:28 pm

you will need the birth certificates showing the link between the applicant and the grandparent, so GF birth cert, father or mother's B/C and the applicant's B/C. additionally, you may need marriage certificates if the ancestry runs down the femail line at any stage. copy UK certificates are available form the Family History Centre, the web address is : http://www.familyrecords.gov.uk/

Good luck!

Monty

sohail

Post by sohail » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:35 pm

Thanks monegomery for ur reply.

The only ID available is the passport of the grandfather. That's it...
Birth certificates are not available of those days. Is passport only enough to claim ancestory visa?

The problem is the applicant has only his national Identity card showing the father's name. The father has national ID card with his father's name, means applicant's grandfather's name.

Please advise me is the above three proofs enough?

Thanks for taking your time.

sohail

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:49 pm

sohail wrote:The only ID available is the passport of the grandfather. That's it...
Birth certificates are not available of those days. Is passport only enough to claim ancestory visa?
Horsefeathers - births and marriages have been registered in the UK since 1837 a whole 85 years before 1922. If the relevant grandparent was not born in the UK then an application to enter the UK on an AV visa is not possible.
The problem is the applicant has only his national Identity card showing the father's name. The father has national ID card with his father's name, means applicant's grandfather's name.

Please advise me is the above three proofs enough?

No - get the relevant birth and marriage certificates.

sohail

Post by sohail » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:11 am

Thanks kay for replying.

I think i wrote question not clearly, the grandfather was born before 1922 in British India (Now part of Pakistan). He had the passport with the signature of governal general of India.

What is the situation now???

Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:00 am

sohail wrote:I think i wrote question not clearly, the grandfather was born before 1922 in British India (Now part of Pakistan). He had the passport with the signature of governal general of India.

What is the situation now???
As I said in my response the AV requires at least one grandparent to have been born in the UK and Islands (Jersey, Isle of Man, Guernsey) or the Republic of Ireland (for ROI birth must be before 1922). If this is not the case which it appears to be then entry into the UK under the AV route is not possible. Sorry that this is the news you may not wish to hear.

sohail

Post by sohail » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:54 pm

Thanks Kay once again

Every thing is now crystal clear and understood!!!

sohil