ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ZAMBRANO ANY UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANT WITH A POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jane jackson
Newly Registered

ZAMBRANO ANY UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANT WITH A POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Post by jane jackson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm

HI ALL,

I will appreciate if anyone without documented immigration history in ireland can share a feed back from INIS.

A brother of mine with an irish born child citizen without immigration history submitted his apps a month ago and got a feedback to provide addition proof of residence. This has been put together and send to INIS.

Any approval yet for the above group?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:37 am

Yes I have got quite a few positives for my clients, it seems the ones that were dealt with first were the ones that provided the most comprehensive documentation to prove their case. Provide absolutely everything you can to show the history of the case and that you are a good parent to the Irish child.

Also, interestingly today got a positive for the step-parent (not biological) parent of an Irish citizen child - was an exceptional case though as the child has health problems.

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks immigration lawyer, yes he had to get more docs to proof his case, they sent a letter back yesterday acknowledging receipt and confirming to send it to d dept in charge and hopefully we should get a feedback from them pretty soon.

Thanks for d response

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 am

jane jackson wrote:Thanks immigration lawyer, yes he had to get more docs to proof his case, they sent a letter back yesterday acknowledging receipt and confirming to send it to d dept in charge and hopefully we should get a feedback from them pretty soon.

Thanks for d response
keep us updated of your brother's outcome because am in the same boot over two months no reply.

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 am

ok dodo 123 will keep u updated. did you get any sort of acknowdgement of your application from them?

i learnt we have a few positives coming back from clients of immigration lawyer.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

jane jackson wrote:ok dodo 123 will keep u updated. did you get any sort of acknowdgement of your application from them?

i learnt we have a few positives coming back from clients of immigration lawyer.
yea,i got a letter back saying i should supply them with 69/....number. i replied to say i don't have one,since then nothing.

riseen
Newly Registered

Post by riseen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 pm

The Zambrano case and parents of Irish citizen children

Posted on June 15, 2011
On 8 March 2011 the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled in the Zambrano case C 34/09, that an EU member state may not refuse the non-EU parents of a dependent child who is a citizen of, and resident in, an EU member state the right to live and work in that member state.

The Department of Justice and Equality is reviewing the cases of non-EEA parents of Irish citizen minor children which may meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case. If they meet the Zambrano criteria, the non-EEA parents may be given permission to live and work in Ireland without the requirement for an employment permit or business permission.

Non-EEA nationals with a stamp 2 or stamp 3 permission to remain in Ireland who think they meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case can apply at their local Garda registration office. They should bring documents such as birth certificates and proof of residency with them. If they meet the criteria, their immigration status may be changed to a stamp 4 permission which will allow them to live and work in Ireland without the need for an employment permit. If the immigration officer refuses to change their status to a stamp 4, the non-EEA national should write to the Repatriation Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service as described below.

A non-EEA national who does not have a current permission to remain in Ireland and who wishes to request a review of their case under the terms of the Zambrano judgement should write to the Repatriation Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, Department of Justice and Equality, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 and include the following documents:

A colour copy of the bio-data page of the Irish citizen child’s passport (the page with personal details and photo)

· The Irish citizen child’s original birth certificate – a copy is not acceptable.

· A colour copy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s own passport.

· Two colour passport-sized photographs, signed on the back by the applicant.

· A copy of the applicant’s current GNIB certificate of registration (if applicable)

· Documentary evidence that the Irish citizen child is living in the State.

· Proof of the applicant’s address and residence in Ireland (e.g. current utility bills etc).

· Documentary evidence of the role the applicant is playing in his/her child’s life (e.g. letters from schools, crèches, etc).

· Any other information that the applicant considers relevant to his/her case.

In addition, an applicant must provide answers to the following questions:

· Has he/she ever been convicted of a criminal offence in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide specific details.

· Are there any charges pending against him/her in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide details.

In some cases, DNA evidence of a biological link to the Irish citizen child or children may also be required. Once a decision has been made, that decision and the consequences of the decision will be notified in writing to the persons concerned.

Parents of Irish citizen children who were previously removed from the State by deportation order, and who wish to now re-enter the State to reside with their Irish citizen child or children, may now seek a revocation of that deportation order. Those subject to deportation orders should apply in writing to the Repatriation Division of INIS as set out above, specifying their desire to have the deportation order lifted to enable them to re-enter the State.

Those parents of Irish citizen children who reside outside of Ireland but were never deported from the State now have the option of entering the State to reside and work. If they are visa required, they must apply online for a visa – check our document on visa requirements for entering Ireland.

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 am

Any recent updates? i hope the train is moving. any recent news from inis/doj.

I wonder how long it will take to treat 1000 apps.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Yes they have apparently processed over 200 now. It seems that anyone with a pending subsidiary protection claim is having to wait until determination of that application first, btw.

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Immigration lawyer

Pls what does it mean. PendIng protection claim?

joshi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by joshi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 pm

still no post for the once in court ,

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Subsidiary protection is an application under EU law a peson can make after being refused refugee status.
Still no news on the Zambrano High Court cases. :(

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Yes I have got quite a few positives for my clients, it seems the ones that were dealt with first were the ones that provided the most comprehensive documentation to prove their case. Provide absolutely everything you can to show the history of the case and that you are a good parent to the Irish child.

Also, interestingly today got a positive for the step-parent (not biological) parent of an Irish citizen child - was an exceptional case though as the child has health problems.
Neither Chen or Zambrano require parents they required "carers" , so it is possible, in exceptional cases, for step parents to succeed

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

under family law, step parents have parental responsibility(when the parents are married). so i believe zambrano should apply.
Hard Work = Sucess!

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi,, I don't know if that's right actually. I don't think step parents have any rights/ specific responsibilities under irish law unless they adopt the child in question.

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 pm

oh sorry i made reference to UK law. not sure about rebulic of ireland.
parental responsibility for step parents can be acquired through formal agreement or court order in the uk.
Hard Work = Sucess!

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

Any new approvals from INIS dis week? Pls share. D only ones I know of r dose changing stamp 3 to 4 at GNID. Any ones for undocumented guys dis week? Pls share

joshi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by joshi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:15 pm

yesoooooooooooooooo ,i just know three people that just got in my county we are still celebrating with them ,just we in the judicial review still waiting funny ,

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Joshi did you change address recently? Make sure the Department has your current address. Do you have the documents ready I told you about?

jane jackson
Newly Registered

Post by jane jackson » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks Joshi. I have guys who r still waiting, i hope all is well with them at INIS. No news for them from INIS after acknowledement of application since May ending.

joshi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by joshi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:02 am

i did not change address and they know am still on this place ,i have already submitted those doc when they said everybody should submit and they acknowledged me but i am one of those in judicial review cases

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 am

When did you issue the JR? I thought they only requested thiose docs since the Zambrano judgement? You would have issued the JR before the Zambrano judgement no?

joshi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by joshi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 am

yes before the zambrano judgement

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am

OK so you already submitted colour copy of the Passports and photos etc? Did you also submit the "criminal record" statement?

riseen
Newly Registered

INIS updates

Post by riseen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Frequently Asked Questions about the Zambrano Judgment

Question 1
My child is an EU citizen but does not hold an Irish Passport. Does the Zambrano Judgment apply to my case?
Response 1
No. In an Irish context, the Zambrano Judgment applies to certain third country nationals but in all cases they must be the parent of an Irish born citizen child before they can seek residency in Ireland under the terms of the Zambrano Judgment.

Question 2
My child is an Irish born citizen but, despite being born there, has not resided there at any stage. Does the Zambrano Judgment allow me a right of residence in Ireland?
Response 2
No. The Zambrano Judgment applies to an Irish born citizen child’s country of residence and nationality. If an Irish born citizen child has not been ordinarily resident in Ireland then his/her parent(s) cannot rely on the Zambrano Judgment as a basis for securing a right of residence in Ireland.

Question 3
I am a non-EEA national. I lived in Ireland for some years but left some time ago to return to my country of origin. I left voluntarily and was never the subject of a Deportation Order. I am the parent of an Irish born citizen child. Can I rely on the Zambrano Judgment to allow me to reside in Ireland?
Response 3
No. The Zambrano Judgment does not apply to any person who left Ireland of their own volition. Such persons can, of course, apply for a visitor or study visa to visit Ireland but cannot rely on the Zambrano Judgment as a basis to obtain a right of residence in Ireland.

Question 4
I am a failed asylum seeker and am the parent of an Irish born citizen child. I have applied to the Minister for Justice and Equality for Subsidiary Protection and I have also submitted representations to the Minister for consideration under Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999 (as amended). I would wish to rely on the Zambrano Judgment to secure a right of residence in Ireland. What should I do to advance this?
Response 4
Your application for Subsidiary Protection will have to be considered first and a decision notified. If the Subsidiary Protection decision is favourable then no further consideration of your case would be required, given that the status of Subsidiary Protection carries a right of residency for a statutory, renewable, three year period.
Where, however, the Subsidiary Protection application is refused, your case must then be considered under Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999 (as amended). At that point, given that you are the parent of an Irish born citizen child, this would be factored into the Section 3 consideration. If it appears that the Zambrano criteria are met in your case, and there are no significant issues of criminality associated with your case, you are likely to be granted permission to remain in the State for a three year period, subject to a set of stated conditions.
If you are concerned that the presence of a Subsidiary Protection application may delay the finalisation of your case, it would be open to you to withdraw that application. If you decided to pursue that option, this must be made known in writing to the Repatriation Division, Dept. of Justice and Equality, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

Question 5
I have been told that, if granted a right of residency, I will have a Stamp 4 based permission to remain in Ireland. What does this mean?
Response 5
A Stamp 4 denotes that the holder has an immigration permission to be in the State and the right to work without the need for an Employment Permit. It does not, however, confer on the holder an entitlement to any particular public service or funding. Such matters are determined by the relevant government departments or State agencies. Once a person is granted permission to remain on Stamp 4 conditions, it is generally renewed subject to the laws of the State being observed and other conditions being complied with. Such conditions will be set out in your decision letter.

Question 6
I am the father of an Irish born citizen child but my name is not on my child’s Birth Certificate. What would I need to do to convince the Minister for Justice and Equality that I should be permitted to remain in Ireland?
Response 6
In circumstances where there is doubt as to parentage of an Irish citizen child, such as where a father’s details were not recorded on the child’s Birth Certificate when the child was being registered, the onus will be on any such person claiming parentage of an Irish citizen child to produce evidence of a biological link to that child. Verifiable DNA evidence would be required as would documentary evidence of the role that such a parent had been playing in his/her child’s life etc.

Question 7
I was granted permission to remain in the State, on Stamp 4 conditions, by the Minister for Justice and Equality last year. I have an Irish born citizen child. Does the Zambrano Judgment offer me anything extra in terms of my immigration status in the State?
Response 7
Assuming that you have ‘registered’ with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) and, as such, hold a GNIB Card with a Stamp 4, then the Zambrano Judgment offers you nothing that you don’t already have. You already hold a right of residency which allows you to work in the State without a Work Permit or to set up in any legitimate business or profession without the permission of the Minister. You can apply for renewal of your permission to remain before your current permission to remain expires. Where it is clear that you have complied with the conditions attaching to your current permission to remain, and you have not come to the adverse attention of An Garda Siochana, or any other State service provider, your permission to remain will be renewed.

Question 8
I wish to make a case to obtain residency on the basis of the Zambrano Judgment. Will I need to make my case through a solicitor?
Response 8
No, there is no requirement that any such documentation be submitted through a solicitor. Once the required documentation is submitted, the case is considered on its merits regardless of whether it was submitted by an individual or by a solicitor acting on his/her behalf. However, where you decide to make your case through a solicitor, you will need to give your written consent to that solicitor to act on your behalf for the purposes of your dealings with the Department of Justice and Equality. Where such written consent is not included in correspondence received from a solicitor, the Department will not be in a position to respond substantively to that solicitor but will instead request the solicitor to submit evidence of their written authority to act on that applicant’s behalf. This position is well known to the membership of the legal profession.

All correspondence in relation to the Zambrano Judgment should be sent to:
Repatriation Division,
INIS,
13-14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2