ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PEO - strange anomalies

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Tier 1 PEO - strange anomalies

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 pm

I have been watching the Tier 1 PEO online booking system for some time now and have found some strange anomalies. In addition I have done some research on using an immigration solicitor to assist with a Tier 1 PEO booking and have found some interesting information.

1)Online appointments seem to ALWAYS become available for 1 day in the same week across different PEO offices. As if they are deliberately making 1 day available over 3 to 4 offices but not Croydon and not Birmingham. This seems to be the same every week, very strange.

2)Phoning up immigration solicitors to get quotes and availability of a Tier 1 appointments was very interesting. Prices ranged from £400 to £1400 and ALL of them had NO problem in booking a PEO appointment.

3)Most of the solicitors told me to contact them 2 weeks before date and they will definately get me an appointment. Almost as if they had already blocked booked the whole PEO system.

4)One website actually shows that they block book PEO appointments, 5 appointments every Thursday

5)When mentioning the online PEO system to the solicitors they all seemed to have NO knowledge of this system as if they were using there own booking system connected directly to UKBA.

6)When mentioning a date 4 months ahead to some solicitors, they said no problem they can book that date. Now UKBA online system only shows 9 weeks ahead and not 4 months.

My conclusion from all of this is that immigration solicitors certainly are able to block book ahead of the 9 weeks and therefore this is the reason why we always have an almost fully booked PEO system. The fact that just about any immigration solicitor can get you an appointment 1 to 2 weeks before the date you want to apply tells me they are not actually that booked up at the PEO offices. UKBA want people to apply through solicitors and not in person that is my opinion.

I cant believe that as an individual one can not apply for an appointment in the same manner as a immigration solicitor. The system does not appear to be fair. I feel almost forced to use a solicitor to get my visa thru PEO.

Any comments??
Keep it simple!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:53 am

its all about MONEY. nobody cares about the system not even BA, they want MONEY

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm

When you book an appointment through an immigration Solicitor, do they get an appointment for
A. you (to submit your application yourself) or
B. is it for them (submitting your application on your behalf)?
Or in other words, when you get an appointment through Solicitor, who visits PEO:
A. you or
B. one of them?

If it is (A), then definitely the system is fishy and unfair and we need to do something about it (being able to book on behalf of someone else for an extra amount is definitely unfair).

I suggest writing to UKBA for clarification and if (A) is the case, then making a formal complaint (through MP or http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/ )

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Not all of your assumptions are correct...

95% of Solicitors and most registered agents have to make request to UKBA via email 2 weeks before the actual application date. They do not have any prior bookings.

5% of firms, solicitors and registered agents (who are regular) user of UKBA premious service usually have confirmed slots with UKBA on weekly basis and they do not need to make any email booking. As is in the case of a firm who is doing 5 booking every thursday and moreover for you info these 5 booking are non Point based system bookings.

Firms have nothing to do with online booking system. they have dedicated department of home office dealing with them... so do not conflict your interests with them.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:When you book an appointment through an immigration Solicitor, do they get an appointment for
A. you (to submit your application yourself) or
B. is it for them (submitting your application on your behalf)?
Or in other words, when you get an appointment through Solicitor, who visits PEO:
A. you or
B. one of them?

If it is (A), then definitely the system is fishy and unfair and we need to do something about it (being able to book on behalf of someone else for an extra amount is definitely unfair).

I suggest writing to UKBA for clarification and if (A) is the case, then making a formal complaint (through MP or http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/ )
Both have to appear.
Keep it simple!

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:16 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Not all of your assumptions are correct...

95% of Solicitors and most registered agents have to make request to UKBA via email 2 weeks before the actual application date. They do not have any prior bookings.

5% of firms, solicitors and registered agents (who are regular) user of UKBA premious service usually have confirmed slots with UKBA on weekly basis and they do not need to make any email booking. As is in the case of a firm who is doing 5 booking every thursday and moreover for you info these 5 booking are non Point based system bookings.

Firms have nothing to do with online booking system. they have dedicated department of home office dealing with them... so do not conflict your interests with them.
Just explain to me again(I must be stupid) why a solicitor can apply 2 weeks before and get an appointment but an individual cant?
Keep it simple!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Ask UKBA (policy makers)....

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Some one already did the ground work, will be interesting to see the results:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... eral_appli

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Update:

No specific numbers, but a useful piece of information:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... ing-197657
The percentage of caseworkers allocated to applications submitted in person out of the total staff dealing with cases in Croydon PEO is 69%. The percentage of staff dealing with cases submitted by legal representatives is 31%.