ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa to residence permit

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baje

Student visa to residence permit

Post by Baje » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm

I entered the UK with a student visa from Sep 2004 - Oct 2005. In May 2005 I was granted a residence permit to Nov 2007 (I was advised to apply early as the fee was going to skyrocket).

My problem is that I cant seem to recall what the residence permit was issued for and dont have any documentation. The UKBA office asked if it was as an extension of my student visa. Does anyone know if it would have been pos to extend a student visa for that long a period?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm

No offence, but it is seemingly unbelievable that you don't even know what application you made to extend your stay?

Yes, if was possible to extend a student leave for so long. e.g. - if one was joining a new course!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Baje

Post by Baje » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I can only think that the reason I cant remember is because I didn't submit the form myself, I did it through the unversity's immigration adviser. Not an excuse.

I wasn't joining a new course though so now even more confused.