ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

Tier 2 queries

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I needed some help regarding Tier 2 application process and would really appreciate any information that you could provide.

I am currently on a PSW Visa which expires in Jan 2012. I have been with my current employer for 6 months, working as an IT business analyst. My pay is £30,000 per year. Since I have only got around 6 months left on my PSW visa, I am looking to apply for Tier 2 company/employer sponsored visa.

-I wanted to know what exactly do I need to ask my empoyer for if they are ready to sponsor my visa - what do they need to do on their end ?

-Also, what exactly would be required on my part ?

-Can I only get an extension of 1 year or is a longer extension possible ?

These are some initial queries that I have and hope you can help me with them. I did some reading on UKBA website but was not able to get a clear picture regarding the requirements and the process.

If any additional details are required, I would be happy to provide them.

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:36 pm

You will need to first find out if your employer is in the register of sponsors. Only those in the list can sponsor employees like you.
check here, if they are: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors

If not, pls ask them to apply to become a sponsor for you, and then you can initiate the process.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for that reply. I did check the list linked by you.

My employer does not seem to be in the list. I have a meeting with the HR in a few days during which I will come to know if the organisation is willing to sponsor the visa or not.

If they are willing, what will the organisation need to do to get into the register of sponsors ?

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 pm

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks again for the reply.

Having seen the link you posted I believe that if the organisation I work for (medium to large size ~ 200 employees) is applying for Tier 2 only sponsorship, they will have to incur £1,025 as expenses.

Once they do this, what are the next steps ?

Additionally, how does my job role being a Business Analyst and pay of £30,000 per year affect the sponsorship ?

Hope you can help with these questions.

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 am

You will first need to find out the salary you receive satisfies the minimum requirement in the code of practice. Look up your job to check that it does.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks for that info.

I did look up Business Analyst (my current job title) details on the graduate COP at

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The salary listed there is 31,200 for this job title and I'm being paid 30,000

Does this make me ineligible for being sponsored by my current organisation ?

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:Thanks for that info.

I did look up Business Analyst (my current job title) details on the graduate COP at

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The salary listed there is 31,200 for this job title and I'm being paid 30,000

Does this make me ineligible for being sponsored by my current organisation ?
If the required Salary level is 31,200 you have to earn that amount or they will refuse you. Please note you don't have to earn 31,200 for x amount of months. If you employer can show that you're earning 31,200 by the time of the application it should be enough.

Also mate you didn't seem to have read the official guidelines rather asking the basic questions. Go through the full requirements and it will make a lot of sense to you. No offense.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks for that info.

So does it mean that if for the that last 6 months my salary works out to be around 15,600 GBP, it should be fine because that would equate to 31,200 GBP an year....is that correct ?

I understand the point you are making regardig asking basic questions.......I do accept that I am being naive but I have no idea where I can get the basic info regarding the Tier 2 employer sponsored visa, explained in simple terms...I did check the UKBA website but most of it didnt make a lot of sense....any pointers to getting hold of the basic info would really help.

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 am

I think you will NEED to show that u are indeed earning £31,200.

Anyway, take a look at the Pilicy Guidance which might be easier to understand:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:Thanks for that info.

So does it mean that if for the that last 6 months my salary works out to be around 15,600 GBP, it should be fine because that would equate to 31,200 GBP an year....is that correct ?

I understand the point you are making regardig asking basic questions.......I do accept that I am being naive but I have no idea where I can get the basic info regarding the Tier 2 employer sponsored visa, explained in simple terms...I did check the UKBA website but most of it didnt make a lot of sense....any pointers to getting hold of the basic info would really help.

Thanks
Sheffield_Marketeer is right !

Mate they have PDF documents clearly explaining everything you need to know. Just go to UKBA website and find them or its been posted here many many times. (General Guidelines, SOC, etc)

I don't think its hard to convince your boss to increase your annual pay mate. (You're lucky its only £1200) Just speak to your boss and explain him the situation and tell him/her why you need the increase (Print the SOC code table and show them) and usually company helps. it also depends on how good you're in-terms of work within your company.

Good luck.