ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PSW in UK, help needed!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amk_05
Newly Registered

Applying for PSW in UK, help needed!!

Post by amk_05 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi, I was going through the application form and was confused as what to answer for some of the questions.

1, regarding the address in Section 2 B15, should I put my home country address or the UK address. As I have studying here for 3 years and making the application here as well.

2, Section 3 G4, regarding the personal tutor I am clueless as to what to put here, should I put in details of my academic advisor or leave it blank because I did not had any personal tutor???

3, In the document summary in A list it has birth certificate in it, do I have to submit it also??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for PSW in UK, help needed!!

Post by ddb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:44 am

amk_05 wrote:1, regarding the address in Section 2 B15, should I put my home country address or the UK address. As I have studying here for 3 years and making the application here as well.
UK address.
amk_05 wrote:2, Section 3 G4, regarding the personal tutor I am clueless as to what to put here, should I put in details of my academic advisor or leave it blank because I did not had any personal tutor???
Academic advisor's fine.
amk_05 wrote:3, In the document summary in A list it has birth certificate in it, do I have to submit it also??
No.

amk_05
Newly Registered

Post by amk_05 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. I wanted to ask one more thing although it might be naive, but should I submit only my saving account statements as the money is in there or the whole thing with current account as well.

And also in Section 1 A2 it ask for correspondence address in the UK, I am confused now because as you said I should give the UK address in Section 2 this seems a bit redundant. :?

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 pm

amk_05 wrote:should I submit only my saving account statements as the money is in there or the whole thing with current account as well.
The bank statements to be submitted are the ones that show that you meet the requirements as regards to maintenance (funds). So if your savings account has got the £800 required AND has been in there for 90 consecutive days, then you're okay with just sending savings account statements.
amk_05 wrote:And also in Section 1 A2 it ask for correspondence address in the UK, I am confused now because as you said I should give the UK address in Section 2 this seems a bit redundant. :?
It's not redundant.

Your correspondence address is/will be, for example, the address where you'd prefer to receive most of your (important) mail if it's different from the address where you usually reside.

amk_05
Newly Registered

Post by amk_05 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Sorry about that just read the notes again, and it says if the correspondence address is different than the one where one is residing, then it has to be mentioned there.

As for the bank statements, the money is in the saving account for 90 days, even more than that, but do you reckon I should be better off sending the whole lot. I just don't want to get my application rejected. :(

Thanks for your prompt replies, I really appreciate it.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:21 pm

amk_05 wrote:As for the bank statements, the money is in the saving account for 90 days, even more than that, but do you reckon I should be better off sending the whole lot. I just don't want to get my application rejected. :(
It's your choice really, but in my opinion it's best to just provide what has been requested and not over do it (especially when what is requested is/has clearly been specified).

I find that when it comes to applications such as 'dependant applications' then one should go all out with overdoing it i.e. going overboard with providing every documentation that can be provided :).

amk_05
Newly Registered

Post by amk_05 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Cheers, all your replies were really helpful. :D