ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am

Yes it was a wrong name. I dont use my husbands surename. I kept my own surname. So they started with dear Ms. ( my surname )

And then they mentioned my husband mr. ( MY surname ). I knew they would make mistakes with names cuz this is how the UK is. Thats why I wrote his name full so they won't make any mistakes. And still they did. Since when do men take the wife's surname after marriage? This shows they didnt even bother to read the complaint and to check the visa applications status.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 am

fairouznacer wrote:Since when do men take the wife's surname after marriage?
I actually know a married couple where he took her name. Though not in the UK. Not important though!

If you do not hear soon, follow up with another clear and calm complaint to all the different options discussed in this thread. I would probably do it Monday evening, giving them 3 whole days to clear up the mess.

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 am

I will send the head of uk visa customer services a complaint about the staff and the process. Hope I will get a quick and good answer. Thank you so much for helping me out:)

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I have checked the tracking site again and the passport is with the courrier and attempting for delivery.... I hope this will be good news!

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

fairouznacer wrote:You advised me to contact my MP. Im a Dutch citizen. Where do I find my MP?

Im sorry if I ask something stupid, it's just that I have no knowledge about this.
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

zee1697
Newly Registered

how to contact UKBA

Post by zee1697 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

hi, fairouznacer

wana ask on which email address u contacted with ukba..

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:41 pm

visa is refused

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:44 pm

fairouznacer wrote:visa is refused
What was the exact reason they gave for refusing it?

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
fairouznacer wrote:visa is refused
What was the exact reason they gave for refusing it?
they didnt accept the fact that my husband is my legal family member. We got married in usa in 2008 and in algeria 3 september 2011. we applied for an eea family permit on 20 september 2011.. they didnt mention anything about the usa marriage, but according to the algerian marriage they dont accept our marriage as legal. next to that my husband was married in the usa, he provided ukba with an official divorce paper ( this was from yeaaars ago ). They said there is no proove of immigration to the usa ( there is he showed the visa stamp on his passport ). I can be more specific later on. I have some stuff to do... what a life

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:00 pm

How did you get married twice? As far as I know, once you are married you can not get married again without first getting divorced...

Looking forward to more details.

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:53 pm

we had a religous marriage in usa in 2008 and we provided ukba with that information. We had a certificate from the mosque saying we are married. But in Algeria we wanted to have an official marriage. We showed them pictures together in europe, usa and eventually togethe rin algeria. We have provided them with all the information and still they dont believe we are having a real marriage. We are trying to find out what to do now. l really want him here with me. I could go and live in algeria, but I am not used to the culture and the way of living. I just cant do it. I want to live here with him and it's my right. There is nothing fake about our marriage, I just dont know how to explain them

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 pm

What EXACTLY did UKBA say in their rejection letter?
fairouznacer wrote:We got married in usa in 2008 and in algeria 3 september 2011. we applied for an eea family permit on 20 september 2011..
This is wrong. When did you get married in Algeria? When did you apply for the EEA FP?

Have you ever lived together?

farouk198830

eea family permit

Post by farouk198830 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello guys my name is farouk i am algerian nationality, well my story is bit complicated and weird in same time so i will tell it briefly, well i came to the uk as student in 2011 and the purpose of my coming is because of a girl who is polish nationality anyway we know each other 1.5 year before i come to the uk then i found a job i worked for costa coffee from 11/2011 to 08/2012 we got married in london in july 30 and my wife had to go back to poland to finish her last year of master she worked for costa coffee as well when we asked the lawer , this last one told us we need to proof to HO that she is paying taxes in order to let me apply for EEA2 so we couldnt guaranty that as she had to go back to poland so i returned to my country because of lack of knowledge as i could stay in the uk even if my visa would expired, NOW
my wife is in poland and me in algeria and we planning to apply for eea family permit but she didnt live in the uk more than 3 months

so what are the documents to show in order to apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT

PS: i went to poland for christmas (i held a polish visa expired of course)

Thank you gys
farouk