ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant - Incorrect Name on Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmankh4n
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant - Incorrect Name on Visa

Post by salmankh4n » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am on Tier1 General and had applied for a dependant visa for my son who is 6months old. I have received the passport of my son with the Visa stamped but they have done a printing mistake in his name.
My son's name is Arhaan and they have printed "Arhan" on the visa which is missing an extra 'a'
Could someone guide me what to do about this please?
Shall I let it be how it is or shall I contact the VFS?
Has anyone been through a similar issue before?

Any help would be much appreciated

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 pm

NO No! DONT let it be! You need to get it changed.

Its a simple process. My daughter had a similar problem. Write a covering letter clearly explaining the problem and submit it along with the passort in VFS (this was the procedure in 2009) Hope the birth certificate and passport have the correct spelling.

It was rectified in 5 working day for my daughter (from VFS hyderabad)

Good luck.

salmankh4n
Newly Registered

Post by salmankh4n » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info Tulipz,

I will have to apply at VFS Hyderabad as well and thankfully the passport and birth certificate have the correct spelling.
I wonder if I have to submit any documents other than passport, birth certificate and a covering letter. Logic would say NO as the visa supporting documents have already been scrutinized by them.
I will get the application through on Monday 4th July and hope that it arrives rectified before 13th july because that is the date when my families tickets are booked.
I have already paid a fine of around 300 pounds to postpone the tickets and this time around I probably won;t even have a chance to reschedule the tickets and risk wasting the tickets altogether.
I will submit a copy of the tickets as well so that they send it before 13th.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:24 pm

I'd suggest you include a copy of the passport (first page and last page) just to make things easy. Also clearly mention that your tickets are booked for 13th...

Do it early morning (as soon as VFS opens on Monday) so that it is sent to BHC the same day.

Hope you get it on time :)