ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish national,student without Insurance and WRS-eligible ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tt2011
Newly Registered

Polish national,student without Insurance and WRS-eligible ?

Post by tt2011 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading all the post on this forum for last couple of weeks, trying to find some answer and similer situation I find myself in.

I really hope someone can answer to few of my questions...

I came to UK in Aug 2004, I was a student. I did not know about the insurance and I never had any insurance.
I started working from Sept 2004 to support myself, but I did not regirster to WRS, again due to my lack of knowledge on that.

I met someone from non-eea country fell in love in 2005, we then got married in February 2007.

I then applied for his visa using EEA-2 route, and I also filled up EEA-1 form. In 2007 april, My huband received Residence permit for 5 years, and I have received something called Registration Certificate.

I did not even know what that was for, but for my EEA-1 application I have provided detailes of my Studies and my works.

I finished my studies in 2008, and found really hard to find a Job in my field. In the mean time my husband had a really good job, so I was a housewife between 2008 to 2010. He was supporting me ever since.

I have P60/P45s from 2005,2006,2007 and 2008.

In 2011 I have started my own company, and paying myself low wages, so not much tax is going to my NI. However there are some Tax going through my corporation tax etc. I have my Payslips from March 2011 to now.

So.. that's my story in UK, I tried to book an appointment with NCS, they said NO, because I do not have the Health Insurance or WRS between 2004 and 2007.

I called Home office, and they said I have to apply for Permanent Residenship first, which I will be eligible in 2012 going with my Residence Certificate date. I can apply now, but I have to prove I was exercising my treaty!.

Giving the above situation, can anyone please advise or answer my following questions ..

1. Am I eligible for Neutralisation ? (2004-2011)
2. Do I need to apply for PR first and stay as PR for 12 months ?
3. Is there anyway I can prove I was exercising my treaty between 2004 and 2007 without showing Health Insurance or WRS certificate ?
4. Been un-employed for 2 years(2008-2010) and supported by my non-eea husband, will that have any negetive effect on my Neutralisation application ?

Thanks for reading, sorry it's a bit too long.

voytek
Newly Registered

Post by voytek » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm

As far as I know if you have worked in the UK and you are from Poland, the WRS certificates are required for the A8 nationalities when applying for the BC.

tt2011
Newly Registered

Post by tt2011 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm

voytek wrote:As far as I know if you have worked in the UK and you are from Poland, the WRS certificates are required for the A8 nationalities when applying for the BC.
Hi Voytek, I was a student between 2004-2007, as well as part time worker. But I did not have the Insurance or WRS.. Can I claim these three years towards my PR ?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:50 am

British citizenship is the next step, and the rules for that are pretty simple. I think this post is in the wrong forum. Your issue is really whether you have PR yet. Once you do have PR, then the citizenship questions can be asked here.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... aty-rights may be useful to you. It is in fact from the citizenship people, but it is primarily talking about how to determine whether somebody has PR.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:48 am

Based upon comments in the post above, I have moved this topic to a more appropriate section of this board.
Neutralisation application ?
Really? You apply for that at your local Vet! Suspect they will not operate on you. You clearly mean Naturalisation.

I think you have significant problems proving you have been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK, and I suspect that your problem continues now. That is, you might now claim that you are exercising Treaty Rights as a self-sufficient person, but have you now got sickness insurance?

Have you got to apply for confirmation of PR status using form EEA3? Well no, but you clearly want to avoid paying out for a Naturalisation application, and wasting money. And in my opinion if you do submit an EEA3 application it is highly likely the application will fail.
John

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Every time I read a post from a EU-citizen who wants to become British Citizen I am again surprised.

It's up to yourself, of course, but I don't see any benefits in there that are worth the costly and complicated procedure.

I'm living in this country for more than 13 years already, acquired PR a long time ago already, and never felt any incentive to go further than that.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:51 pm

fysicus wrote:Every time I read a post from a EU-citizen who wants to become British Citizen I am again surprised.

It's up to yourself, of course, but I don't see any benefits in there that are worth the costly and complicated procedure.

I'm living in this country for more than 13 years already, acquired PR a long time ago already, and never felt any incentive to go further than that.
Polish will Have benefit in getting British Citizenship, easy access to USA, on Polish passport there is so many problems going to USA even on holiday.
Some people probably think they will be treated as British when they get BC :) I'm thinking about it myself, but for now PR is enough, maybe in future. At least my kids are born as British and Polish Citizens.

tt2011
Newly Registered

Thanks for your input

Post by tt2011 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 am

Many thanks for your input..

I guess I will not be able to apply for a PR or Neutralization just yet, despite being here over 6 years :( . No one else to blame but myself.

I will give it a go in 2012 April when I have 5 years with Registration Certificate .