ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my University stopped to sponsor me

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surreystudent
Newly Registered

my University stopped to sponsor me

Post by surreystudent » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Hello. i have been refered to this Forum by a friend of mine who found a solution to his problem on these pages.

I am a student of University of Surrey. I have been doing pretty well in my business foundation course but the School suddenly decided to notify UKBA about me not performing good enough. (I dispute this and my Spring Term results show otherwise)

Anyway, they seem to be pretty serious about it and already had given some information to UKBA and also told me that I have no choice but to leave UK because my visa will be canceled this weekend.

I hope to find out some useful information here whether it would be a problem for me to change different university as I can not continue at Surrey anymore and if so, how can I do this.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Yukun

zohairismail
Newly Registered

Post by zohairismail » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Well hope i am correct on the matter but, the thing is why dont you just talk to the university officials first, they are the ones who sent information to UKBA about you not performing so either you talk to your supervisor or mentor anyone at university ask them the reason what were they expecting from what course you are in and you and what are you giving them. I mean you could find your results may be great but your opinion about your own self does not count in every matter. I think you should talk to university and come to a mutual point of where they think YOU are wrong and then you can carry on from there.

surreystudent
Newly Registered

Post by surreystudent » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 am

it is too late for that. they already sent message to Border Agency. that mean my visa is going to be canceled. I now need to find out whether I can change Uni

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 am

Call UKCISA's helpline.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 pm

surreystudent wrote:it is too late for that. they already sent message to Border Agency. that mean my visa is going to be canceled. I now need to find out whether I can change Uni
speak to your student union. Your visa will not be cancelled immediately. Ukba need to write to you to inform you it has been curtailed.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Have you been absent for 10 days in a row? Most universities have a policy in which they notify ukba when an overseas student is not attending for a significant period of time. Regardless of results, attendence is important.

surreystudent
Newly Registered

Post by surreystudent » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 pm

No. I my attendance has been 100%. In the second term I had become demotivated by the poor quality of the course. My teacher was not native English speaker and was hard to understand him. Also, before I came here I did not know what I want to study. I now have found out about UK's education system and chosen different Uni and different course. This can happen even to the best of us.

How long do I have to re-apply for new Tier 4 visa with different University?