ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage registration for overstayed wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mum23
Newly Registered

Marriage registration for overstayed wife

Post by mum23 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:36 pm

HI,

I have booked for marriage registration with local civic centre which is due soon.

My husband and i did our religious marriage 5 years ago. He received his british citizen last year along with our 3 children.

We now trying to legalize my stay here. Our lawyer adviced us to get registered as married couple and apply for spouse visa.

I have overstayed and my passport has expired.

When i go for the marriage registration, i understand i have to bring proof of identity- passport. Will i have any problem when i show them my expired passport? i have other proofs as well which i will bring along with me - utility bills, bank statements, phone bills etc.

Please advice.

mum23
Newly Registered

Post by mum23 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:25 pm

anyone there could give any advice on this please.

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:10 pm

I would telephone the registrar and confirm what documents they require and if an expired passport will be acceptable.