ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on SAR outcome

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jay_707

Advice on SAR outcome

Post by Jay_707 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 am

I am hoping to apply for ILR in September under ten years continuous residence. I have just received my SAR. There are some queries and I would be grateful for any advice.
In 2003 and 2004 both applications were sent via the college I studied at the time. Both applications were handed to college well in advance. The SAR entries show;

2003 (visa end 30 Sep 2003)
Applic/Raised; 13 Sep-2003
Out come; void-inappropriate application
Applic/Raised; 2 Oct-2003
Out come;Grant LTR ( granted until 31 Oct-2004)

2004 (visa ended 31 October 2004)
Applic/Raised; 30 Oct-2004
Outcome; void –inappropriate application
Applic/Raised; 09 Nov-2004
Outcome;Grant LTR (granted until 30 Sep 2005)

It seems that both applications have been received by HO in time initially. I was not asked to submit fresh applications ( I guess means they were valid?). I was not contacted by HO or the College at all about any missing docs or any problem with them and payments were also made by postal orders. Does anyone have any idea why they have been marked void/inappropriate? Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Do you think there is a break in continuous residence?

2009My application for PSW was initially refused in 2009 for failing to show continuous funds. I appealed and won the appeal and subsequently LTR was granted. While the appeal was in process my solicitor sent another application for consideration. This was rejected saying there was an appeal in process by HO and returned the application fee.
The SAR says;
Applic/Raised; 23 Feb-2009 Outcome; Grant LTR (this was the initial application that was refused and subsequently LTR granted 26 Sep-2009 after appeal)
Applic/Raised;9 Apr-2009 –this is the second application sent while appeal in process.
Out come;Reject

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!