ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk settlement visa for russian wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob85
Newly Registered

Uk settlement visa for russian wife

Post by rob85 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:51 am

hi, i have just registered on here after being given the link on another forum, hello to all !

i got married to my russian wife in march this year, we will be applying for her settlement visa in the next couple of weeks once my wife gets her IELTS results.

im 26, im currently in full time employment, I have 4.5k in savings and i live with my parents in a 3 bedroomed house, one of which will be mine and my wifes hopefully! i dont pay any rent and therefore I am left with approx £750 per month of disposable income. unfortunately i went into my overdraft in january and february as we incurred some pretty heavy costs at the time of the wedding, i hope this will not have too bad of an effect on our application?

my wife is 21, she has been to the uk several times most recently in july 2010 and november 2010 on a UK visitor visa and she has a diploma in teaching with english and spanish. We have known eachother since feb 2010 and I have visited moscow 3 times, may 2010, march 2011 and june 2011.

has anyone had a similar case to this and what extras did you put in your application and was it successful?

also, a guy on another website said there may be a problem in saying that i live rent free with my parents as this may be seen as getting financial help from them, is this something our application could be refused for?

sorry for the long message, just wanted to point out some details of our situation and ask a few burning questions,

regards

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 am

many young people live with their parents as it helps with the financial situation and it will have no effect on your application as third party support is allowed.
You seem to be good to go as per your post.
The rule about accommodation is regarding overcrowding but as long as you have a separate room you will be ok