ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying a fresh HSMP, need help...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purplepundit
Newly Registered

Applying a fresh HSMP, need help...

Post by purplepundit » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:50 pm

I am an IT consultant living in Bangalore, India and running independent business (can be considered as freelancer). I am applying for HSMP but needed some help:

1. I would prefer to apply directly without taking help from any Agent, please suggest how to go about it. where to contact and how to pay etc. I have a complete list of required documents.

2. My PP is expiring next year so I don't want to take chance for taking it and then get in to hassles of renewing it later, I have officially changed my name recently (legally), so I will be applying soon for new PP with changed name. My question is, can I apply for HSMP from my current PP (with old name) and on approval of HSMP I produce the new passport for getting the Visa? will that be possible?

3. My wife doesn't have any graduation so there are no points addon will that be a negative point for the visa authorities?.. by the way, I reach 65 points as required now.

4. I have earlier lived in Australia (on student visa) but can anyone help me compare life in Australia and in UK?

5. Yes, one more question, I don't have Degree (paper) as I haven't collected from my university, I have all other documents including marksheets, provisional certificate after completing the degree and migration certificate (this is usually anyone receive after completing the degree to get admission in any other university in India)... will that be enough or do I need to go to my college and collect the degree? if that is required than my application will be too late.

Sorry, for putting a list of queries as I couldn't find relevant threads. I welcome any more suggestions apart from the said questions...

Thank You all...
PurplePundit

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:37 am

Well man u have to submit the Degree other wise they will not allocate u any points for education , so this thing is mandatory.