ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Wow that's an unfortunate situation....

Applications if processed in Islamabad are faster - much faster than those slow coaches in UAE!

I dunno what an a1 centre is and what ajk is but surely it doesn't match up to the fear of having to meet an English test requirement - which came up last year. It doesn't get any bigger than that. So am sure it won't be as lengthy as it was last year, inshallah it'll be alright :).
a1 english tests????????????????????????????
ajk= Azad Jammu Kashmir??????????????? Does it ring a bell somewhere
I sent an email to abu dhabi and they replied back to me saying my application was being processed in islamabad, i was quite surprised the reason being Gerrys told me that all applications were being processed in abu dhabi, the lady i spoke to gave me the abu dhabi email address and they replied to me saying that someone from islamabad will contact me regarding the application because it is being processed there.
just hope that i receive a quick reply and it is good news.
:D

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:a1 english tests????????????????????????????
I sent an email to abu dhabi and they replied back to me saying my application was being processed in islamabad, i was quite surprised the reason being Gerrys told me that all applications were being processed in abu dhabi, the lady i spoke to gave me the abu dhabi email address and they replied to me saying that someone from islamabad will contact me regarding the application because it is being processed there.
Inshallah you will receive good news :)

And don't be too surprised if neither ring a bell. Do not know about no AJK and as for A1 test, heard about it. Most of us who applied BEFORE English Test requirement was introduced don't know anything at all about the new requirement so A1, B1, ICU, UCME lol, they are all just numbers and alphabets to me :P.

I am quite surprised too that ur application is being processed in Islamabad. What does your online tracking status show? Islamabad is usually FAST so inshallah you may get the ready to collect status in the next 2 weeks, unless there is some serious backlog preventing that from happening.

If you look at the spreadsheet you'll see that in November (when all or most applications were being processed in Islamabad) it says 10 weeks as the maximum time taken to process an application :)
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:a1 english tests????????????????????????????
Inshallah you will receive good news :)

And don't be too surprised if neither ring a bell. Do not know about no AJK and as for A1 test, heard about it. Most of us who applied BEFORE English Test requirement was introduced don't know anything at all about the new requirement so A1, B1, ICU, UCME lol, they are all just numbers and alphabets to me :P.

I am quite surprised too that ur application is being processed in Islamabad. What does your online tracking status show? Islamabad is usually FAST so inshallah you may get the ready to collect status in the next 2 weeks, unless there is some serious backlog preventing that from happening.

If you look at the spreadsheet you'll see that in November (when all or most applications were being processed in Islamabad) it says 10 weeks as the maximum time taken to process an application :)
my application status is showing as under process
cud it be that when i emailed abu dhabi that they already made a decision and sent it to islamabad, but dont u think they would have told me that a decision has been made???????????????
i hope u r correct about the 10 weeks cause i am in pakistan for another 2 weeks only unless i can blag another 2 weeks off :D

amson90
Newly Registered

salaam please help me

Post by amson90 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:43 pm

just wondering that when the man called me from embassy he was from islamabad so to me it means it is being processed in islamabad rather than dubai. what do u guys think????make dua for us all plzzzz. i hope we get a reply soon.....

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

IELTS General Training is best option for quite a number of reasons if

aspirant applicant spouses could go for it as per my personal opinion.
Last edited by UKVA4 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:57 pm

UKVA4, that was the most random post ever! I thought it was spam for a second till you mentioned shadow and referred to me in there. Your last line though may seem useful to new applicants. Try to make the point shorter though pls else people will skim read it and eventually give up.

amson90, I would imagine ALL calls are from Islamabad when they call up applicants, after all it would be a lot cheaper for local calls to be made rather than someone from UAE calling you. So that shouldn't necessarily mean your application will be processed in Islamabad. If there is indeed a backlog for spouse applicants also then it may be the case that most of the handling is done in Islamabad to ease the load for UAE.

Anjum, I don't think they'll tell u if a decision has been made anyways. Under process where?

Btw Embassy = UAE and BHC = Islamabad.

No idea why they state BHC if the application is under process in UAE.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:43 am

Hi

My partner has submitted passport this morning (shadow please update ss)

also we have been given a tracking number - but it shows as invalid search (maybe too early? lol)

any of the appeal peeps had pp back yet?

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 am

Anjum786

What Abu Dhabi email address did you sent email to? If you don't mind me asking

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 am

CRT7 wrote:Hi

also we have been given a tracking number - but it shows as invalid search (maybe too early? lol)

Maybe, just maybe too early. Make sure u r checking as discussed earlier.

ISAR/040711/6 digits/1 digit

I would imagine up to 11 is correct and as for the remaining info, only you would know that. The first 6 digits being date of submission. I know it's been a long while since u did any tracking so hope the above serves as a refresher to help you out. Ideally it should work at least an hour or so ago from since submitted, or even maybe as soon as submitted. So you are likely entering the wrong info perhaps, make sure to include the forward slash (/).

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 am

THANKS shadow

works now - it says app received on 7/4/11..........

whats the timeframe wer lookin @ for return of pp?

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 am

nazema wrote:Anjum786

What Abu Dhabi email address did you sent email to? If you don't mind me asking
visa.abudh​abi@fco.gov​.uk
This was the email address.

Shadow, i just spoke to someone at gerrys and they told me that some applications are being processed in abu dhabi and some in islamabad and alsooo SOME PARTS OF THE APPLICATION ARE PROCESSED IN ABU DHABI. UHHMMMMMMMM

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 am

i didnt get yet submitted on 15/06/11 and still waiting God knows how long will be :(

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:07 am

Shadow86 wrote:UKVA4, that was the most random post ever! I thought it was spam for a second till you mentioned shadow and referred to me in there. Your last line though may seem useful to new applicants. Try to make the point shorter though pls else people will skim read it and eventually give up.

amson90, I would imagine ALL calls are from Islamabad when they call up applicants, after all it would be a lot cheaper for local calls to be made rather than someone from UAE calling you. So that shouldn't necessarily mean your application will be processed in Islamabad. If there is indeed a backlog for spouse applicants also then it may be the case that most of the handling is done in Islamabad to ease the load for UAE.

Anjum, I don't think they'll tell u if a decision has been made anyways. Under process where?

Btw Embassy = UAE and BHC = Islamabad.

No idea why they state BHC if the application is under process in UAE.
UNDER PROCESS AT BHC

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:14 am

I submitted my pp on 15th june (same as agraceofman)
be patient, according to different people the time frame for getting the pp back is different like, 15 days, 15 working days, 4 weeks, 6 weeks.

i hope agraceof man or i should be the first to get the pp back. pray for me, i pray for u all.

@agraceofman, i log on everyday to see if u ve any updates.... :) so plz inform us wen u d get ur pp wid stamp.

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 am

saeraj wrote: @agraceofman, i log on everyday to see if u ve any updates.... :) so plz inform us wen u d get ur pp wid stamp.
of course i will

i login twice or more than 3 times to see what and even check the status but still the same...

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:19 am

@anybody

what if someone arrives at heathrow airport with no tb certificate or with an expired one (like expired within month or so), what would the immigration guys do????

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 am

saeraj wrote:@anybody

what if someone arrives at heathrow airport with no tb certificate or with an expired one (like expired within month or so), what would the immigration guys do????
well not sure but guess i read somewhere in this forum they will test again on air port and someone was traveling and even he have TB test but not in Hand carry so they ask again for test

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:40 am

saeraj, they will just examine the person for TB themselves by taking him/her to a private room and examining them, it'll take probably more than 30 mins. My cousin's wife left her TB cert in luggage lol so they had to examine her.

anjum, i'd suggest just waiting and not worrying too much about where the application is being processed.

I too am really hoping that saeraj and agraceofman can get their passports back.

My uncle returns on 18th July so really want my wife to come with him as I don't like travelling to Pak alone (long story, security guards are a pain in the neck there).

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 am

@shadow n agraceofman

thanks for the info mates. would keep in mind and would keep the certificate in handcarry :D

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

saeraj wrote:@shadow n agraceofman

thanks for the info mates. would keep in mind and would keep the certificate in handcarry :D
The instructions also indicate that TB Certificate must be carried in handbag. Can't remember where the instructions are but maybe they are on the ukba website or ukvac website.

I would recommend you get her a new TB certificate, yes i know it's a pain but the experience of having to be examined upon arrival isn't an experience welcomed by any person. When you go to a new country for the first time the last thing you need is to have ANY further checks/examinations.

A valid TB Certificate is a key to a happy journey and happy journey results in a better transition from Pak to UK :D. Besides, wouldn't you want her to come out from the arrivals exit thingy same time as the rest of the passengers? It's a lot better than being in a nerve wracking state and wondering what will happen. It wasn't a nice experience for all involved when my cousin's wife was being examined, I was at airport too and it was annoying waiting for more than an hour.

Hold up, did u just submit a near expiring TB certificate with the passport?????? :shock:

smalik87
Newly Registered

Post by smalik87 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am

salaam peeps
hope all are good and well. 2morow my hubby is on the 8th week and inshallah looking for a positive response soon was looking on the sheet islamabad take average 9 to 10 weeks :wink: so lets seeeeee

and for those who are waiting this week and next week inshallah all will go well and good luck.

how is everyone feeling???

im nervous excited and in waitin mode which im used to aug 2nd my end of 12 weeks.

praying for all.

take care xxx

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 am

My 12th Week has started and going to end within next 3 days. My spouse Interview took place 6 weeks ago and i was hoping to get quick response but unfortunately still waiting for the outcome. I do not have any idea where my application is being processed in Islamabad or Abu Dhabi? As i have seen couple of guies discussing on where the applications are being processed but not sure where i stand. It is really a painful wait and i am in dark, do not know what to do? I phoned up Gerry's but they say that they can not give information and contact me once passport arrive to them. Anybody has got any idea what should i do? How can i track my application? Any BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION e-mail address or contact number??? Please let me know thanks.
@Smalik87:: I wish you very best luck i hope you get with in couple of weeks.

smalik87 wrote:salaam peeps
hope all are good and well. 2morow my hubby is on the 8th week and inshallah looking for a positive response soon was looking on the sheet islamabad take average 9 to 10 weeks :wink: so lets seeeeee

and for those who are waiting this week and next week inshallah all will go well and good luck.

im nervous excited and in waitin mode which im used to aug 2nd my end of 12 weeks.

praying for all.

take care xxx

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 pm

smalik87 wrote:salaam peeps

praying for all.

take care xxx
Hi smalik87,

This is my 12th week, I’m hoping to hear something by Friday, and time is going sooo slow :? .

I’m feeling sacred, nervous and excited lol .

You’ve still got a couple of weeks left if it takes the standard 12 weeks, be patient and inshallah you will get good news soon 8) .

Good luck to you and everybody who is waiting :)

smalik87
Newly Registered

Post by smalik87 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:24 pm

awww inshallah both of you will get good news i will be on the forum everyday catching up. Yes i have 4 to 5 weeks left and yes i want time to go quick even when im at work im just on this site and everyday checking status on uk border site lolzzz :lol:

chalo paitence and intazar. allah knows best.

catch up later peeps. xxx

take care[/quote]

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

my tracking status has changed to 'app forwarded to islamabad OC on 7/4/11'

my appeal experts, what does this mean

thanks