ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:16 pm

congrats to every body.just wondering is any body apply recently for naturastion.what the processing time in acknowledglment letter.i can clearly see in the website they mention within 6 months.but if you click the processing time its show around 23 months.any suggestion is anybody apply after 24 june 2011 got his/her citizenship acknowledgement letter.

alpha_1

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Aceform wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
Aceform wrote:Hello Folks and Marisa,

Just received the letter from INIS, but there is no yellow form :-)

Got an invite to attend the citizenship ceremony. But date is not mentioned in the letter. They have asked me to provide the fees, and 2 photos and send it to INIS.

A date will be given within 6 weeks of submitting the above documents.

Good luck fellas,

Ace
Congrats Aceform. Good to know that. :)

Hey Aceform, Congrats :D Your patience paid finally !!!! But keep supporting in this forum ...
Thanks very much taquilasunrise.

Definitely won't leave this forum.

alpha_1

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Aceform wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
Aceform wrote:Hello Folks and Marisa,

Just received the letter from INIS, but there is no yellow form :-)

Got an invite to attend the citizenship ceremony. But date is not mentioned in the letter. They have asked me to provide the fees, and 2 photos and send it to INIS.

A date will be given within 6 weeks of submitting the above documents.

Good luck fellas,

Ace
Congratulations Aceform good to know that :)

Congrats Aceform. Good to know that. :)

Hey Aceform, Congrats :D Your patience paid finally !!!! But keep supporting in this forum ...
Thanks very much taquilasunrise.

Definitely won't leave this forum.
Congrats Aceform good to know that.

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Just FYI. I went to the court in Naas this morning and there were probably 45-50 getting their Form7 stamped and signed. I believe there will be another session this week, possibly Wednesday.

I think proceedings took place a little different today as there were some individual cases going in from some time after 10:20am or so. Then at around 11am all those for Naturalisation were called in. Only those for Naturalisation were allowed in - everyone else was sent out.

We all repeated the Oath together and then we all together had to read off of our own Form 7 forms. I .... ... ... Etc. Etc. That sounded a mess as everyone, myself included, read off at different speeds. We all got there in the end. :D

Then one by one (one person on the left side and one person on the right side of the court) were called up to sign the Form7. We also had to produce some form of ID - in my case my passport - one person used his GMIB card. The form was stamped, signed and that was it.

I've now sent my documents off.

Congratulations to all those whom have received their Form7s (Marisa yours is on its way :D :D ) and to those that have gone further.

Good luck to the rest of you and I sincerely hope you all get it very soon!
Last edited by gordonre on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Aceform:

Just for the sake of clarity, can you put your complete timeline in one post. That might help

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Thank you everyone for the incredible support shown and all the help given. An extra - thank you to Nanette, 9jeireann & Aceform...

It finally happened (Aceform, you were right :) )! I received my letter today from Tipperary, informing that I'll be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 weeks.

I must admit that I don't feel great elation, but...It ease my worried mind of an unemployed person (officially unemployed since last Friday).

Timeline:
Applied September'08
Additional documents requested June 10
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

PIKKA, monte, max11, I wholeheartedly hope you all get it soon.

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Marisa wrote:Thank you everyone for the incredible support shown and all the help given. An extra - thank you to Nanette, 9jeireann & Aceform...

It finally happened (Aceform, you were right :) )! I received my letter today from Tipperary, informing that I'll be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 weeks.

I must admit that I don't feel great elation, but...It ease my worried mind of an unemployed person (officially unemployed since last Friday).

Timeline:
Applied September'08
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

Many, many congratulations Marisa! :D

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Marisa wrote:Thank you everyone for the incredible support shown and all the help given. An extra - thank you to Nanette, 9jeireann & Aceform...

Timeline:
Applied September'08
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

Hey Marisa, fantastic news. Great to hear about your approval. My hearty congratulations to you. You definitely deserved it thoroughly.

On the other hand sorry to hear about your job situation. But don't worry you'll get a job soon enough and you are Irish now BTW.

Enjoy the moment, don't worry about other things.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Timeline:
Applied September'08
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

Great news. Many congratulations. Hopefully they will soon start 2010 applications now :)

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:02 pm

PIKKA, monte, max11, I wholeheartedly hope you all get it soon.[/quote] Marisa, after reading your post i check my letter box and found the same brown envelope. :D good luck to everybody who still wait
Last edited by max11 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:39 pm

congratulation Marisa and max11
just wave to us when you will be filmed in the news
peace on you

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Timeline:
Applied September'08
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

THAT IS SOME NEWS, MidnightHawk, Aceform, Marisa and max11 MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS.

So hopefully we are going to see the same week like we enjoyed 14th - 21st June. Definitely INIS is processing the clutter and in near future most of us would get their YELLOWFORMS. Good Luck to New Irish Fellows. 8)
PIKKA

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:congratulation Marisa and max11
just wave to us when you will be filmed in the news
Thanks very much IRISH PHAROE!
You'll see a V-sign ;)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 pm

gordonre wrote:Many, many congratulations Marisa!
Thank you, Gordon!
We all repeated the Oath together and then we all together had to read off of our own Form 7 forms. I .... ... ... Etc. Etc. That sounded a mess as everyone, myself included, read off at different speeds. We all got there in the end.
That's hilarious :)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey Marisa, fantastic news. Great to hear about your approval. My hearty congratulations to you. You definitely deserved it thoroughly.

On the other hand sorry to hear about your job situation. But don't worry you'll get a job soon enough and you are Irish now BTW.

Thank you, but I was nearly sure after your Thursday's update :)

Another questions is that I'm going away on Saturday..It might be risky, but I'll probably make some colour-copies of my GNIB, as someone mentioned earlier.
I don't know if I should contact immigration at Dublin airport to make sure they'll let me through on the way back.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 pm

max11 wrote:PIKKA, monte, max11, I wholeheartedly hope you all get it soon. Marisa, after reading your post i check my letter box and found the same brown envelope. :D good luck to everybody ho still wait
Yippee!:D
Congratulations, max11.It has been a long wait for us.
alpha-1 wrote:Great news. Many congratulations. Hopefully they will soon start 2010 applications now
Thank you. The new minister looks very promising and will hopefully be able to clear the backlog ASAP.
PIKKA wrote:THAT IS SOME NEWS, MidnightHawk, Aceform, Marisa and max11 MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS.

So hopefully we are going to see the same week like we enjoyed 14th - 21st June. Definitely INIS is processing the clutter and in near future most of us would get their YELLOWFORMS. Good Luck to New Irish Fellows.
PIKKA, yours should already be on the way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Last edited by Marisa on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Marisa wrote: PIKKA, yours should already be on the way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Marisa I am really Happy for you and specially for my Husband and for those who were waiting for soooooooooooooooo long and their stress has paid off. Happy Days are coming for more people.....................
PIKKA

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Marisa wrote:

Another questions is that I'm going away on Saturday..It might be risky, but I'll probably make some colour-copies of my GNIB, as someone mentioned earlier.
I don't know if I should contact immigration at Dublin airport to make sure they'll let me through on the way back.
Who can stop you now Marisa from entering your own country ;-)

Yeah it's a good idea to take a photocopy of the GNIB card along with the approval letter. Wish you a great holidays :-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 pm

PIKKA wrote:
THAT IS SOME NEWS, MidnightHawk, Aceform, Marisa and max11 MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS.

So hopefully we are going to see the same week like we enjoyed 14th - 21st June. Definitely INIS is processing the clutter and in near future most of us would get their YELLOWFORMS. Good Luck to New Irish Fellows. 8)
Thank you PIKKA. Hopefully you'll tell us the good news about your approval.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm

max11 wrote:PIKKA, monte, max11, I wholeheartedly hope you all get it soon. Marisa, after reading your post i check my letter box and found the same brown envelope. :D good luck to everybody ho still wait
Great news mate, congratulations. See you in the citizenship ceremony :-)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Marisa wrote:

Hi Marisa,
you should do double V not only one after all of the last days where you lived in limbo.

I'm in the same boat with you as after taking the oath I have to go away for 7 weeks, just tell me what will you do, please?
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:15 pm

alpha_1 wrote:Aceform:

Just for the sake of clarity, can you put your complete timeline in one post. That might help

I think below is my time frame (forgive me if I've got something wrong)

Landed in Ireland : 1999 December
Granted LTR : 2005
WCATT : 2007
Applied for Naturalisation : August 2008
Additional Documents requested : June 2010
Voluntarily sent p60/p21/payslips etc etc in Jan 2011
Approval : 30th June 2010 (Letter received on 4th july)

PM me if you need any more details

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Congrats Marisa and max11 !! Fantastic news ... :D

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:19 am

Timeline:
Applied September'08
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

Wow! The news just got better. Now you know what they say about the patient dog :wink: So so happy for you. Big congratulations dear Merisa, you are not only going to the oath swearing ceremony... guess what, you also made the headlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

May your new status bring you all that you desire and more.

PS: This no time to think or worry about your employment situation. not to trivialize it but to make sure you relish and enjoy the moment you've worked for and waited for, for so long. So sis, go ahead and enjoy your day....

9jeirean
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 am

max11 wrote: Marisa, after reading your post i check my letter box and found the same brown envelope. :D good luck to everybody who still wait
And yet another one!. Great news mate. Congratulations and all the best.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us