ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Application - Proof of Finances important??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robbie123
Newly Registered

De Facto Application - Proof of Finances important??

Post by robbie123 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi all,

Myself (Irish) and my partner (Brazilian) last week sent our request to INIS for de facto status. Then today, I read the webpage on INIS again and saw that among the thing they ask for is "Evidence of finances of both parties".

We sent a statement for a small joint savings account we have together, but we didn't include separate bank statements showing our main accounts. I'm wondering if you think that this could prejudice our application?

For your information, our application was quite extensive with lots of photographic proof (visits of me to his family in Brazil and on lots of trips together), joint health insurance, joint savings account, proof of joint address, testimony from friend and my father, etc... We're just misssing the full finances picture.

If we send this information to them separately, what are the chances that it will be put together with our original documents? Or maybe we should wait for them to contact us and request this if they need it?

Any suggestions or views on this would be helpful,
Thanks,
Robert

fatty patty

Re: De Facto Application - Proof of Finances important??

Post by fatty patty » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Joint finances does not necessarily means joint bank account, not having joint bank accounts is not a big deal. Once both of yous have same addresses on your individual bank statements that should suffice.

robbie123
Newly Registered

Re: De Facto Application - Proof of Finances important??

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks Fatty Patty,

Just to clarify, we didn't actually send up do date bank statements for us as individuals.

For him: we sent one from Sept 2010 - but it was included as a proof of residence more than as evidence of finances.

For me: we didn't send any bank statement, but a mortgage document and numerous other proof of address documents (some of them joint bills for electricity etc..). We also sent a fairly recent joint saving account, but it contains just a few hundred euro.

I just got a scare when I re-read the guidelines on the webpage and it listed 3 items required, one of which was: "Evidence of finances of both parties".

In light of this, do you think we should both request fresh bank statements from our individual accounts and send them in? Or should we hold tight and see if they contact us looking for this?

I'm just worried that they might reject it point blank because it's missing this info.

Thanks

fatty patty wrote:Joint finances does not necessarily means joint bank account, not having joint bank accounts is not a big deal. Once both of yous have same addresses on your individual bank statements that should suffice.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

Yes why not give them all up to date documents from the bank? They will usually give you a stamped print out if you go in to the branch, I think.

robbie123
Newly Registered

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 am

Great idea...
And then to send it to them - registered post again I guess?

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Yes why not give them all up to date documents from the bank? They will usually give you a stamped print out if you go in to the branch, I think.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 pm

I don't think it needs to be registered post, as long as your reference number is clearly marked on your letter the papers shouldn't go astray.

robbie123
Newly Registered

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:20 pm

As of yet, we've just sent the main tranch of documents last Friday and we've not received any correspondance from them - so we don't have any reference number yet.

I assume you mean to wait for them to contact us regarding our application (on which they'll put our Ref. number) and then to respond by sending in this financial information?

Thanks for your replies.

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:I don't think it needs to be registered post, as long as your reference number is clearly marked on your letter the papers shouldn't go astray.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Does your Brazilian partner have a 69/- Ref no.? Did she previously register as a student or any other status? the ref no usually does not change, it will be the same.

robbie123
Newly Registered

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Oh right, GNIB number isen't it? It was obtained on student visa status.
Yes we have that. Just send the stuff in with that ref number then?

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Does your Brazilian partner have a 69/- Ref no.? Did she previously register as a student or any other status? the ref no usually does not change, it will be the same.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Actually GNIB No and Dept Ref are different. Dept Ref always begins with the no's 69. Don't ask me why!!!

robbie123
Newly Registered

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm kind of panicking a bit maybe, but we requested bank statements yesterday and his could take up to 2 weeks to arrive (mine 1 week). I have no idea how quickly they review de facto applications, but do you think it's ok to wait until we receive them or should we send something acknowledging this gap as quick as possible?

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Actually GNIB No and Dept Ref are different. Dept Ref always begins with the no's 69. Don't ask me why!!!

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I would be v surprised if anything happened in next 2 weeks. They will probably take 3 months at least to make a decision so you have time.

robbie123
Newly Registered

Post by robbie123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:00 pm

We have a friend who applied and it took ~2 weeks to get a reply - but maybe this is the exception.

This is very important as my partners student visa is due to expire on July 15 - (he's already been here on 'student status' for 3 years so he can't apply again). Due to the fact that we have an application 'in progress'... can he remain? Should we go to GNIB about this when the visa expires?

thanks

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:I would be v surprised if anything happened in next 2 weeks. They will probably take 3 months at least to make a decision so you have time.
Last edited by robbie123 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misslady
Newly Registered

student status to de facto status

Post by misslady » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi...I am inthe smae situation, please let me know how your de facto application went along!!!

Was the switch from student status to de facto status difficult?

robbie123
Newly Registered

Re: student status to de facto status

Post by robbie123 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:28 am

Hi,

It seems like the best thing to do is to go and talk to them in GNIB before the student visa expires, explaining that an application for de facto status has been made (bring with you any letters from INIS as proof - e.g. acknowledgement of receipt of application).

I believe that once a process has been started they have to give you time to finish the process before ordering you to leave (or if the process is successful, stay). Will let you know if I get more information.

Would appreciate if other people could post to confirm or correct my understanding of this.

Thanks,
Robert
misslady wrote:Hi...I am inthe smae situation, please let me know how your de facto application went along!!!

Was the switch from student status to de facto status difficult?

misslady
Newly Registered

Post by misslady » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks Robbie123...I just want to account for any time lag between student visa and de facto status....

Feel free to keep me updated with your situation so that I can gauge how far in advance I must prepare all my documentation!

Thanks again...and if anybody else would like to confirm any information that would be great!