ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Spouse Visa Nightmare!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Uk Spouse Visa Nightmare!!!!

Post by yoyonix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I met my wife when I was studying in London in 2009, we lived together for a year before we got married. We decided we would have the ceremony and registration in my home country and apply for a spouse visa from there. We thought it was the wisest thing to do as my previous student visa renewal took 6 months to come through, so we thought it would be better if we just go to Algeria and sort everything from there.

We had a wonderful wedding and honey moon in Tunisia, everything was so perfect. A couple of days after we came back from Tunisia (to Algeria), my wife went back to our old flat in London as we needed to show we have appropriate accommodation and obviously to her job as she needed to be my sponsor for this application. We both couldn't bear being apart, it was unthinkable that we have to be apart for who knows how long right after getting married. We decided we would try another route, which is moving together from Algeria and try to show to UKBA that we have firm plans and we will never ask for any benefits.... I have a degree in Mechanical engineering.... and she has a very strong background in sales and admin.... getting a job has never been a problem for her.
We applied in October 2010 only to have a negative answer in January 2010 on the grounds that my wife didn't have a job.
Soon after that, my wife moved to Scotland to try find a job and her mother offered accommodation for both of us when I get back in the UK.
She found a job straight away but we needed to wait on a few payslips, at least 2 (as a solicitor had advised) before we applied.

We applied again in April 2011 and on the 22nd of June, I received a call from the visa agency saying that there's been a problem with online applications and that I am one of the 31 other people who needed to have their fingerprints taken again. The visa agency said that I needed to go and apply again on-line in order to get a new GWF (Visa Application Number) and print out the new application form. They gave me my first application form to use it as reference as to the information I filled in back in April.
When I asked WorldBridge (The visa agency) about how long it will take they said they had no idea and that it is the first time it happens.
I asked if that means it's a new application and that UKBA will start looking at my case from scratch they said they don't know and because I don't need to pay the fees again, it SHOULDN'T be considered as a new application.

Now my wife and I are running out of patience, it's been over 7 months we've not seen one another and our anniversary si due in a couple of weeks..... any help or advice will be keenly welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Get your wife's MP involved. That often moves things along in a situation like this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:07 pm

It's been two months since the most recent application, not seven.

If the first application was refused because, at that time, the requirements were not met then you cannot blame UKBA for the result. Likewise, you cannot blame UKBA for the delay in second application because you needed time to arrange for the necessary evidences.

It is unfortunate that you were amongst the few whose biometrics were not as per standard required, and that you've had to submit them again. As per UKVisas website, settlement visa application from Algeria take about 5-12 weeks to process.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It's been two months since the most recent application, not seven.

It is unfortunate that you were amongst the few whose biometrics were not as per standard required, and that you've had to submit them again. As per UKVisas website, settlement visa application from Algeria take about 5-12 weeks to process.
It's been 3 months today since the most recent application. I said seven months since I last saw my wife.

It's not that the biometrics were not as per standard required. They said they lost them due to a system failure.
I just wonder how come it takes 3 months to realise the biometrics are missing ????? does that mean they never looked at my case until June or does it mean they came to make a decision and my biometrics are needed before they do so ????

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I have sent a complaint letter to the Entry Clearance Manager in the Algerian Embassy. Let's see what happens now.
I still think it's not normal that it takes 3 months to realise Biometrics are missing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!