ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Passport problems

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pumkin

Post by pumkin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:31 pm

OL7MAX wrote:Dawie, an unusual suggestion: Have you tried contacting your MP? (No, not the British one)

:shock: :lol: Oh dear, I know you mean well, but contact SA MP's?!?!? hehehehehehehehe.....The system here in the UK is a lot more advanced, I assure you!

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:48 pm

OK, maybe that was a stupid question ;)

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:27 am

OL7MAX wrote:Dawie, an unusual suggestion: Have you tried contacting your MP? (No, not the British one)
Firstly, I don't have an MP in South Africa as I am not resident in South Africa anymore.

Secondly, MPs in South Africa are only there to line their own pockets. They certainly aren't there to help their constituants.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Dawie wrote:Firstly, I don't have an MP in South Africa as I am not resident in South Africa anymore.
On the presumption that you may have some family in RSA is it worth them writing in to their MP on this 'length of time in of passport issuance' issue for the greater benefit of the rest of the citizenry?
Dawie wrote:Secondly, MPs in South Africa are only there to line their own pockets. They certainly aren't there to help their constituants.
Is this a general observation or are you making a specific allegation?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:22 pm

this a general observation or are you making a specific allegation?
It's my own very cynical observation of the parliamentary system in South Africa. I refer you to the following:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/southafrica/s ... 02,00.html
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:33 pm

Appreciate the link...kudos to the RSA government for chasing up...shame that in the UK those culpable of similar or worse 'excesses' remain in parliament to date. As a side comment my understanding is that there are 400 odd RSA MP's so that 10% could be rotten apples hopefuly shouldn't put off those wishing to write in on the passport issuance.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:39 pm

Yeah, but those 10% are only the ones they caught.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:46 pm

I fear we are digressing and that this 'political integrity' subject is a matter best covered in pm territory. To summise passport processing times are a matter of the respective government's policy. Where such is an issue for the public it is for concerned citizens to raise questions and demand answers in an appropriate manner. Good luck.