ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Naturalised..

Post by Epiphany » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:19 am

Folks,
Just to let the board members know that I've just received my Naturalisation approval from the IND. I went through an immigration consultant as I thought that would make a better case because of my absences from the country. I was away for about 520 days in the last 5 years (most of it on work). I had a letter from my employer confirming this. My application went in on the 1st of June and was approved on the 5th of July (about 5 weeks).
Champagne time now.
Cheers all. :D

mwaitojofu
Newly Registered

Post by mwaitojofu » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:39 pm

Epiphany,

Congratulations.

Did you have to take an oath and language test? Did you receive any visit by a police officer during Character enquiries?

Bambu,

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:45 pm

Bambu,

I thought you did not wanna go the naturalisation route - change of heart just in case you are not allowed to tke those heavily paying jobs in Dar-es-salaam :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:32 pm

Didn't have to take a language test. It is NOT a part of the Naturalisation process, as of today. Maybe sometime soon. I've only received the approval letter today and I need to fix up a time to take the Oath with the local council/register office. So yes, I need to take the oath.
No police enquiries. Never had a brush with the wrong side of the law - YET. :D And no checks with my referees too. :shock: None of them received any calls/correspondence from the IND.

mwaitojofu
Newly Registered

Post by mwaitojofu » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:32 pm

Chess,

Oops!! Do you still remember what I said few months ago?

I decided not to apply for BC but my wife applied for BC early may
and she even got back her documents plus a letter saying, they are
doing character enquiries.

We decided not to put all our eggs in one basket.

Regards,

bambu,