ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Visa Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myvisaqueries
Newly Registered

ILR Visa Query

Post by myvisaqueries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi Experts

I have a simple query on filling the ILR SET(O) application form . I tried to search the subject in the previous post but It couldn't find it .

The Section 6 of the SET(O) form is Immigration history . I just want to know if my understanding on the following below statements are right.

Date Left the UK - Exit Stamping date on the passport or the date travelling outside UK
Date Returned UK - Entry Stamping date on the passport or the date entering the UK

I had this query because there are few posts earlier in the forum mentioned about excluding the date of travel (i.e the date leaving or etering UK).

Could you please let me know the right information which needs to be filled out in this section .

Thanks in advance for your support and help.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Visa Query Immigration History

Post by mk357 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:14 pm

myvisaqueries wrote:Hi Experts

I have a simple query on filling the ILR SET(O) application form . I tried to search the subject in the previous post but It couldn't find it .

The Section 6 of the SET(O) form is Immigration history . I just want to know if my understanding on the following below statements are right.

Date Left the UK - Exit Stamping date on the passport or the date travelling outside UK
Date Returned UK - Entry Stamping date on the passport or the date entering the UK

I had this query because there are few posts earlier in the forum mentioned about excluding the date of travel (i.e the date leaving or etering UK).

Could you please let me know the right information which needs to be filled out in this section .

Hi. I am not an expert on this but on the form you should enter the date you left the UK (Exit stamp) and the date you returned to UK (Entry stamp), but actually for working out absences from UK both the days (Travelling out and travelling into UK) are ignored/ not considered as days out. You might consider aattaching an table for that purpose with your application.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:28 pm

As mentioned above:

Date left UK: 15/05/2010
Date returned to UK: 17/05/2010

Days out of UK: 1 [16/05]

myvisaqueries
Newly Registered

Post by myvisaqueries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 pm

"You might consider aattaching an table for that purpose with your application".

Is this mandatory beacuase I have been outside UK > 180 days in 5 years nearly 200 days. I have got the Letter from single employer for whom I am working for 5 years that the reason for absence was on A/L and compassionate in nature .

I am not sure of the outcome of the ILR and I have no other options other than trying out myself with proper evidence that my intention is to stay in UK and Pay tax for the 5 year period .

Also I think my case is strong as I have been paying tax for 5 years with sal > 45k and I don't know if the can reject and send me back ??? is there any view ideas ??..

myvisaqueries
Newly Registered

Post by myvisaqueries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

thanks to mk357 and jms_uk for your response .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 pm

myvisaqueries wrote:I read Annex B point no 2. From the Immigration directorate instructions .

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

My question

1.Earlier posts in the forum talk about not spending > 180 days outside UK in 5 years and not > 90 days in 1 year . According to point 2.3 of Annex B of this document it says that the employment or business here should not be broken even if you have spent > 180 days . So could any one please explain if person X has stayed > 180 days on paid A/L without breaking the business or employment in UK will that be ok according to the new changes. If my understanding is wrong could you please let me know is there are any cases of ILR failure reported in this forum after the change.

Thanks .
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 pm

List the dates, duration and reason of your absences.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

myvisaqueries
Newly Registered

Post by myvisaqueries » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:List the dates, duration and reason of your absences.

My questions is if time spent is > 180 days without breaking any business or employment will that matter on the ILR decision ?

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 pm

myvisaqueries wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:List the dates, duration and reason of your absences.

My questions is if time spent is > 180 days without breaking any business or employment will that matter on the ILR decision ?
IMHO if a single stay is not over 90 days and the leave are in line with either the A/L or on business trip you should be fine. But you would need a letter from your employer stating either they were business trips or A/L.There hhave been cases where ILR have been granted for stay over 180 days in total but under 90 days single stay.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 pm

myvisaqueries wrote: Also I think my case is strong as I have been paying tax for 5 years with sal > 45k ..
This really does not mean anything to UKBA.

face
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Visa Query

Post by face » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

myvisaqueries wrote:Hi Experts

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 am

myvisaqueries wrote: My questions is if time spent is > 180 days without breaking any business or employment will that matter on the ILR decision ?
No one can answer that for sure.

As per rules, if absences are mroe than 180 then you have to rely on caseworker giving you a descretion. If you dont have any single absences over 90 days, have paid taxes for all 5 years and your employer can give you a letter you have relatively good chances of getting ILR as per many success stories on the forum. Search the forum and see what you find.