ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fora

cohabitation requirements

Post by fora » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:45 pm

I am sorry,Gyus.
who can tell me where is a 2 years cohabitation requirements in the forms SET(O) or guidance of SET(O) for a spouse(dependant).
I can not find them.
thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:48 pm

If you can explain what sort of information you are looking for with regards to "cohabitation", it will be easier to answer your query and point you to the right direction.

There is no "guidance of SET(O) for a spouse (dependant)".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dimsav

Re: cohabitation requirements

Post by dimsav » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:45 am

fora wrote:...who can tell me where is a 2 years cohabitation requirements in the forms SET(O)...
Page 32 - Section 10 (Documents) - 10A (All applicants):
[ ] If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: cohabitation requirements

Post by mk357 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 pm

dimsav wrote:
fora wrote:...who can tell me where is a 2 years cohabitation requirements in the forms SET(O)...
Page 32 - Section 10 (Documents) - 10A (All applicants):
[ ] If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
As dimsav stated. Its Section 10A in the SET(O) Form.

fora

Post by fora » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks,I've found it.
Could anybody advise me:I am pre-Nov 2006 HSMP (JR)
I am going to include my husband in SET(O) application.We were married in 2008. He was refused entry clearance applying as my husband.After appeal ordeals he arrived in the UK in 2010.So we live only one year together,but cohabitation arrangements (marriage in his country)were in place since 2008.
I am collecting any reasonable and sensible arguments based on the official appropriate documents issued by HO in case I have to defend him at PEO.
Can I use HSMP ILR JR policy doc.par. 29-"the immigration status of dependants covered by the policy will follow that of the principal applicant"?
Any suggestions,guys?
In UKBA rules are a lot of contradictions(like Page 32 - Section 10 (Documents) - 10A (All applicants) and HSMP JR Policy paragr.29).

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:25 pm

fora wrote:Can I use HSMP ILR JR policy doc.par. 29-"the immigration status of dependants covered by the policy will follow that of the principal applicant"?
I think you can use JR policy, as your appeal has been successful.
fora wrote:In UKBA rules are a lot of contradictions(like Page 32 - Section 10 (Documents) - 10A (All applicants) and HSMP JR Policy paragr.29).
Agree. Actually, Work Permit dependants do not need to provide a proof of cohabitation, alike HSMP JR, although this is not explicitly stated in the form at all...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Reading this post may help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fora

Post by fora » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:31 pm

I called now to 0870 6067766 about my husband who stays with me only 1 year, concerning cohabitation of 2 years.After consultation with smb(10 min waiting on landline)she confirmed; as u r covered by JR your husband may apply with u and no 2 years requirements for u" I am Tier1(G)now. before HSMP JR pre nov 2006

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm

fora wrote:I called now to 0870 6067766 about my husband who stays with me only 1 year, concerning cohabitation of 2 years.After consultation with smb(10 min waiting on landline)she confirmed; as u r covered by JR your husband may apply with u and no 2 years requirements for u" I am Tier1(G)now. before HSMP JR pre nov 2006
I have been telling same for last 1 month... I got in same category .....Here we have few member who would be getting ILR in after 2-3 years from now but keep enlightening others with their wrong knowledge .

check this post as well for your confidence

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=81800