ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I, a Student get a visit visa to Spain ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fahid
Newly Registered

Can I, a Student get a visit visa to Spain ?

Post by Fahid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Hello Guys,
I am a Pakistani Nationality holder and been here in the UK on Tier 4 Student Visa. I have been living in the UK for about a month now. Being away from home and family, I have been very upset lately. I have some family members living in the Spain. What I want to know is that, Can I get 10-15 days visitor visa for visiting Spain, having fulfill all the requirements for Spanish visitor visa, such as..
Holiday Letter from College
Bank Statement - Showing the necessary maintenance funds
Travel Insurance
etc....

Will I be eligible to get a visitor visa for Spain ?

I am asking this because there are rumors that I have to stay in the UK for at least 6 months before I can apply for a visa from here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Fahid wrote:Hello Guys,

I am here in the UK for about a month and have recently opened my bank account at the Lloyds TSB Bank, I intend traveling to Spain on a 10-15 days visitor visa, I have the necessary funds required to cover my expenditures during the journey. But as stated, I have been in UK for only a month and my bank account isn't even a week older yet, although it has the necessary funds required to cover my traveling expenses. Can I just get a bank statement from my bank and send it along my visa application, will that do ?

Or my bank account must be at least 3 months old before I can get a statement and attach it with my Spanish visa application.....

An other question is, if my family living in Spain sponsors me to visit them and take responsibility for all my expenditures and all, will I still be required to attach a bank statement ?

Basically you can say that I just wanna go to Spain for few days for some important family reason.
But I have been in UK for a month only and my bank account has just been opened a few days before. No other problem with any kind of requirement at all.

CAN I GET A VISITOR VISA FOR SPAIN ?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 pm

I know of a student who got a Spanish visa. Do not know about a 6 month rule.... she was applying after several years in the UK