ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New form sent by case worker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

New form sent by case worker

Post by ilrstatus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi,

I applied for ILR on the basis of 5years on Work permit and Tier 1. I completed my 5 years in the first week of march.

I filled the form online on the home office website on the 28th of March and my application for the ILR reached the home office on the 12th of April.

I have acknowledgement for the 23rd of April as well.

Just today i got a letter from the case worker and he asked me to provide more information and fill the new form with the point based ILR and provide more information as the immigration rules had changed and i needed to apply with the new for and will be assessed on that. Has that happened to anyone. Is this common practice. I applied before the new form came out.

Please can you advise what i should do.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 pm

See also Applications.
ilrstatus wrote:Please can you advise what i should do.
Provide the requested information, unless there were transitional provisions exempting you?

Note that:
MO (Date of decision: applicable rules) Nigeria [2007] UKAIT 00057 wrote:The Immigration Rules applicable to an immigration decision are, in the absence of transitional provisions or any contrary legitimate expectation, the rules in force at the date of the decision. Nathwani [1979-80] Imm AR 9 remains good law.
House of Lords - immigration applications are decided under Rules at time of decision
Odelola dismissed
Modupe Abiola Odelola v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2009] UKHL 25 (20-5-2009).
Kumar, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWHC 644 (Admin) (10 March 2014)
New rules do not apply to old applications (when there were transitional provisions) > Edgehill & Anor v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2014] EWCA Civ 402 (02 April 2014)
Khairdin, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (NIA 2002: Part 5A) (IJR ) [2014] UKUT 566 (IAC) (28 November 2014)
Taylor and Owusu-Akyeaw, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2015] EWHC 3526 (Admin) (13 October 2015)
55. wrote:The cases on which the Secretary of State founded support counsel’s contention that the petitioner’s only legitimate expectation was that his particular circumstances would be examined in the light of the applicable policy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks a lot Vinny for the links and to teh point answer.

Apologies for another question, however it seems that I do not make the points now. What are my options at this stage?

Thanks again

bmowen
Newly Registered

Post by bmowen » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

Hi,

Why don't you make the points now? What has changed between your original Tier 1 application and now?

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm

££ :-)

The earning has dropped