ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kj29

Post by kj29 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:ohh ya 19th april... hope u get it soon.
i hope and wish u that u will get it soon as well mate

Maffa
Newly Registered

still waiting!!!!

Post by Maffa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these message boards, i'm glad i've found them because at least i know that there are people feeling the exact same things as my wife and i, because sometimes it can feel like you're the only ones.

My wife applied for her spouse visa from Pune on the 11th April and it's still under process, the 12 weeks are over on monday. Fingers crossed that we hear something really soon.

Really sorry for everyone on here who is feeling the frustration of what feels like an endless wait.

Fingers crossed for all of u!

kj29

Re: still waiting!!!!

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 am

Maffa wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to these message boards, i'm glad i've found them because at least i know that there are people feeling the exact same things as my wife and i, because sometimes it can feel like you're the only ones.

My wife applied for her spouse visa from Pune on the 11th April and it's still under process, the 12 weeks are over on monday. Fingers crossed that we hear something really soon.

Really sorry for everyone on here who is feeling the frustration of what feels like an endless wait.

Fingers crossed for all of u!
welcome maffa new members can keep this board alive and i wish people whom are lucky ones will keep helping new ones so this disscusion board will stay alive for ever wish you best of luck its very hard you are right

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 am

mohsin.mansur wrote:Guys any update....
same as ever under proccess i am starting to hate these words with passion lol

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:04 am

No Updates... It seems going to refuse for me... 3 months completed yesterday... 13 week completed today....

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 am

Ejaz12 wrote:No Updates... It seems going to refuse for me... 3 months completed yesterday... 13 week completed today....
think positive to refuse after so long will be cruel.

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 am

good luck
Last edited by kj29 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maffa
Newly Registered

Post by Maffa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:34 pm

[quote="kj29"]Dear freinds I have lived in UK since being a teenager and with gods grace I have been lucky enough to acheive a lot in various feilds in life, I am politicaly active and not going too much into my personal circumstances I am facing the issue where I have become aware how people from subcontinent are treated when it comes to immigration I do know people have abused immigration and has given bad name but on the other hand its not fair to treat each and every single indiviual with suspicion when people get married first thing they want to do is spend as much time they can together but don't looks like British immigration policy understands that I have wrote to British Primeminister Mr Cameron and has raised concern about issues concerning me and I have had reply from him I am in touch with party on local level as well and raised issues what I would like to ask is for people to keep this forum going put it on ur facebook get as many people you can whom are in same situation to join it ask ur partners whom are British Citizens to join it put their concern on this forum or send me messages My aim is to fight for people which I believe been continously unfairly treated just in processing times look at Canada, Australia, USA or any country where majority of people are same race as UK, yes they have case where people have abused immigration but abuse shouldn't be uses as ammuniation to acheive bias immigration policies I would like to discuss this matter with moderators and see what are their opinions let's start raising our voices against this unfair immigration policy and help future generations to not suffer like thousands of people are suffering now because they are scared as they are vaunerable[/quote]

Well said kj29!
The system is terrible and has gradually become a joke in this country, there is no balance and there hasn't been for years. It's either been far too relaxed as with the previous government, or far too strict as with the present. We are all suffering now and we are all looked upon with great suspicion, and that is just not right. Granted, there has been alot of illegal immigration into this country for quite some time. But that doesn't mean that the good honest law abiding people who go about things in the correct manner should suffer. Common sense should be displayed, but there really doesn't seem to be much of that at the moment.
The UK Border Agency has ruined mine and my wifes life for over a year now and i don't see an end in sight.
I am a white British man, i have lived in th UK all of my life. I met my Indian wife over 2 years ago while she was over in the UK working. I asked her to marry me last year. We applied for a COA (Certificate of Approval for marriage). It's supposed to take a maximum of 70 working days, it actually took 230 working days of waiting. Then we only got it after our MP intervened! Now we are back to waiting again for her spouse visa. 12 weeks is nearly up and no word. I must say i'm getting worried. Just what do they expect us to do if they do deny us our basic human right to be together as a married couple. We have a life here in the UK. I am self employed, she has a job waiting for her, we have a place of our own. What more evidence do they want of an honest relationship??
I know the stress and frustration that you are all feeling, and my thoughts are with you all. It's a very tough time.

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Maffa wrote:
kj29 wrote:Dear freinds I have lived in UK since being a teenager and with gods grace I have been lucky enough to acheive a lot in various feilds in life, I am politicaly active and not going too much into my personal circumstances I am facing the issue where I have become aware how people from subcontinent are treated when it comes to immigration I do know people have abused immigration and has given bad name but on the other hand its not fair to treat each and every single indiviual with suspicion when people get married first thing they want to do is spend as much time they can together but don't looks like British immigration policy understands that I have wrote to British Primeminister Mr Cameron and has raised concern about issues concerning me and I have had reply from him I am in touch with party on local level as well and raised issues what I would like to ask is for people to keep this forum going put it on ur facebook get as many people you can whom are in same situation to join it ask ur partners whom are British Citizens to join it put their concern on this forum or send me messages My aim is to fight for people which I believe been continously unfairly treated just in processing times look at Canada, Australia, USA or any country where majority of people are same race as UK, yes they have case where people have abused immigration but abuse shouldn't be uses as ammuniation to acheive bias immigration policies I would like to discuss this matter with moderators and see what are their opinions let's start raising our voices against this unfair immigration policy and help future generations to not suffer like thousands of people are suffering now because they are scared as they are vaunerable
Well said kj29!
The system is terrible and has gradually become a joke in this country, there is no balance and there hasn't been for years. It's either been far too relaxed as with the previous government, or far too strict as with the present. We are all suffering now and we are all looked upon with great suspicion, and that is just not right. Granted, there has been alot of illegal immigration into this country for quite some time. But that doesn't mean that the good honest law abiding people who go about things in the correct manner should suffer. Common sense should be displayed, but there really doesn't seem to be much of that at the moment.
The UK Border Agency has ruined mine and my wifes life for over a year now and i don't see an end in sight.
I am a white British man, i have lived in th UK all of my life. I met my Indian wife over 2 years ago while she was over in the UK working. I asked her to marry me last year. We applied for a COA (Certificate of Approval for marriage). It's supposed to take a maximum of 70 working days, it actually took 230 working days of waiting. Then we only got it after our MP intervened! Now we are back to waiting again for her spouse visa. 12 weeks is nearly up and no word. I must say i'm getting worried. Just what do they expect us to do if they do deny us our basic human right to be together as a married couple. We have a life here in the UK. I am self employed, she has a job waiting for her, we have a place of our own. What more evidence do they want of an honest relationship??
I know the stress and frustration that you are all feeling, and my thoughts are with you all. It's a very tough time.
I am shocked mate with your plight and feel for you I think the problem We face is British public is the most generous and kind in th e world but illegal immigration has ruined the image of real immigration unfortunately when people look at immigration they think thousands of illegal immigrants swaping our great country and hence they feel we need to save our borders on the other hand they dont understand hundred thousands of genuine people whom go through correct channels are suffering I really feel there is a strong case for every British Citizen to have fundamantle right to marry and live with who ever they want to live with in UK regardless of race, ethinicity, economic situations on the grounds marrige is completely genuine, I beleive if we can put this message through facebook and twitter and make British public aware how millions of people suffering through fear of rejection I totally agree with you previous goverment policy on immigration was wrong and this goverment needs to balance things but not in cases of marrige Why should me or you have to wait to be with our partners because they want to balance numbers its not a numbers game its about real people and it is a real issue

kj29

Post by kj29 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 pm

will start new fb group soon

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:No Updates... It seems going to refuse for me... 3 months completed yesterday... 13 week completed today....
any news for u Ejaz

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:19 pm

No bro... nothing... :cry:

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:No bro... nothing... :cry:
wwekend nearly over mate another five days of hope for all of us soon very new dawn is new hope be positive

thunder19

Re: spose visa

Post by thunder19 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm

kj29 wrote:
thunder19 wrote:Hi Every one

i have applied for my spouse visa from VFS HYD on 28th april 2011

Application status still says Application under process at the BHC on 30th june 2011

i know its only been 42 working days including today but its really getting tence as the days are passing.

could any one applied from HYD let me know how long did it take please ?

cheers :roll:
hi mate if u look at old feeds and processing times at hyderabad is 60 working days and someone got their visa just last week after 50 days i hope this give u some idea
thank you for the info

kj29

Post by kj29 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:No bro... nothing... :cry:
nothing changed for u Ejaz still ???

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Nothing yet bro.... :cry:

meetpre
Newly Registered

ILR for my kids

Post by meetpre » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 am

I applied settlement visa for my twin girls on Apr 19th and its 11th week now I still didnt get any response. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the visa. I have been desperately waiting for it. Is there any way I can give a call to British High Comission. I applied in chennai

thanks

turret
Newly Registered

April and public holidays

Post by turret » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:13 am

Just a heads up that if you applied in April or before there are a bunch of public holidays to take into account when figuring out how close you are to the 60-day target.

Good Friday 22 April
Easter Monday 25 April
Royal wedding 29 April
Early May Bank Holiday 2 May
Spring Bank Holiday 30 May

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... /DG_073741

So basically you have to wait up to 65 weekdays.
Last edited by turret on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

kj29

Re: April and public holidays

Post by kj29 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am

turret wrote:Just a heads up that if you applied in April or before there are a bunch of public holidays to take into account when figuring out how close you are to the 60-day target.

Good Friday 22 April
Easter Monday 25 April
Royal wedding 29 April
Early May Bank Holiday 2 May
Spring Bank Holiday 30 May

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... /DG_073741

So basically you have to wait for 65 weekdays.
i think u will find most of us know that and we have already taken bank holidays out only easter sunday, easter monday, and royal wedding friday was holiday days in most overseas posts

turret
Newly Registered

Post by turret » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am

Looking at the posts in these forums I don't think you can take that as a given and if the post offends you, just ignore it.

kj29

Post by kj29 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 am

turret wrote:Looking at the posts in these forums I don't think you can take that as a given and if the post offends you, just ignore it.
It doesnt offend me just trying to clear the issue , I take ur point on board regards

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Update you guys...

My status is now changed to Processed application sent to you via Blue Dart on 5th july... Finger Crossed

immigrant_aa
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant_aa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:Update you guys...

My status is now changed to Processed application sent to you via Blue Dart on 5th july... Finger Crossed
Good luck!

thunder19

good luck

Post by thunder19 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Good luck mate let us know

kj29

Re: good luck

Post by kj29 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

thunder19 wrote:

Good luck mate let us know
OMG Ejaz I am so happy for you all the best let us know