ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

monte

Post by monte » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 am

congrats Marisa,

and hopefully you get a new job soon.

savy

Post by savy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 am

Congratulations Marisa & max11

Hope the magic continues rest of this week ;-) bringing yellow form to rest of us who are still waiting...

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 am

savy wrote:Congratulations Marisa & max11

Hope the magic continues rest of this week ;-) bringing yellow form to rest of us who are still waiting...
Hey savy, Forget about the yellow form mate. You won't get an yellow form ;-)

It's directly an invite to the Citizenship ceremony.

Yellow forms are history now ;-)

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Congratulation

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 am

Congratulation to everybody, specially Marisa, Aceform and all.Hope u will not leave this forum altogether. Wish u best of luck. Hope v will join u soon. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Congrats all of you!!!

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am

Congrats to thse who all got Naturalization approved!
Can someone tell me if my application will be refused?
I applied June 2010.
I worked for the past 6 yrs in Ireland and I have 4 childen. As I am getting FIS will my application will be refused? My Wife is EU and my youngest child got Irish passport. Replies appreciated

sunilappat
Newly Registered

and..

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

I am on EU Fam stamp 4 which expires in dec 2012

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Congrats all of you!!!

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

sunilappat wrote:Congrats to thse who all got Naturalization approved!
I applied June 2010.
I worked for the past 6 yrs in Ireland and I have 4 childen. As I am getting FIS will my application will be refused? My Wife is EU and my youngest child got Irish passport. Replies appreciated
No, that is fine. Don't worry about FIS it really doesn't matter for approval.

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Hi Aceform.......

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am

Thats great news... just wondering if you know someone receiving fis and got Naturalization?
I worked alll the way through in the past 6 years , last year due to job change did not even take holiday!!
But I am receiving FIS all the time.
Any input is appreciated Aceform..

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am

excuse my ignorance but what is FIS?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 am

strongbow wrote:excuse my ignorance but what is FIS?
Family Income Supplement

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am

strongbow wrote:excuse my ignorance but what is FIS?
Family Income Supplement
http://www.welfare.ie/EN/publications/s ... ement.aspx

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07 pm

I just had the most useless & demoralising phone call with INIS :(

She says Garda reports are not back yet for my application, no progress in my application, we're not currently working on it, call again in 2 months.
This is particularly strange as just last month I was told by another woman in there that the Garda reports are coming back for my batch (early 2009).

I've applied in March 2009...

Anybody in a similar position? Any updates from any phone calls today?

This is depressing. I just want to get this over with and cross the finish line.
I need to travel - I haven't seen my family in 8 years.

Congratulations to everybody and the best of luck to everybody else!

Class of March 2009.

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:12 pm

bad morning with INIS. Rigid response on tele call. :(

PIKKA

Re: Hi Aceform.......

Post by PIKKA » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:32 pm

sunilappat wrote:Thats great news... just wondering if you know someone receiving fis and got Naturalization?
I worked alll the way through in the past 6 years , last year due to job change did not even take holiday!!
But I am receiving FIS all the time.
Any input is appreciated Aceform..
Yes I know Some families who got their approvals and most of them are getting FIS so no need worry about FIS. I also know some people who are on Unemployment Benefit and still got their approvals.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Sinolate wrote:I just had the most useless & demoralising phone call with INIS :(

She says Garda reports are not back yet for my application, no progress in my application, we're not currently working on it, call again in 2 months.
This is particularly strange as just last month I was told by another woman in there that the Garda reports are coming back for my batch (early 2009).

This is depressing. I just want to get this over with and cross the finish line.

Class of March 2009.
I received the same answer from INIS they are waiting for my Garda report since I was born but still not get it. I was told that I would get my decision in couple of months. I applied in July 2008 but they put me in August Queue. She said they are clearing 2007 and 2008 applications at the moment...............???????????????????
PIKKA

SyS
Newly Registered

Tuesday 5 2011

Post by SyS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Yep,

I can report same thing, INIS saying outside agencys and you application is being processed in the normal way, no other information can be provided.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 pm

i am highlighting few points just for infromation:

>Minister must sign off on all applications. Citizenship is either granted or refused, it requires the signature of the Minister.

>Individuals who are not available to participate in a ceremony can still use the District Court system

>Just over 5,000 applications were dealt with in 2010. As of last week, more than 6,000 applications had been processed. My objective, which I believe is achievable, is to get to a position by late spring or early summer next year whereby all citizenship applications will be processed within six months unless some exceptional difficulty or circumstance arises.

(now it has been moved to late spring or early summer :( )

MINISTER ALAN SHATTER:

http://www.kildarestreet.com/sendebates ... hip#g132.0

I thank Senator Jillian van Turnhout for mentioning the citizenship ceremony. Senator Ivana Bacik raised the issue of delays in processing citizenship applications. When I became Minister for Justice and Equality, there were 22,000 citizenship applications outstanding in the Department. Of these, 17,000 had been waiting for a decision for in excess of six months and far too many had been waiting for a decision for in excess of two years. Some had been waiting for a decision for closer to two and a half or three years. When the figure was averaged out, 17,000 had been waiting for a decision for approximately 25 months.

As someone who in opposition had been critical of the delays in processing citizenship applications, in my early days in the Department I had meetings with officials. I inquired about the systems applicable in processing such applications. What Senators may not realise is that the Minister must sign off on all applications. Citizenship is either granted or refused, but, ultimately, it requires the signature of the Minister.

The section of the Department which deals with citizenship applications, which is based in Tipperary, explained to me how the system worked. We examined where the problems were and I looked at putting in place a new business system and adopting a new approach to dealing with applications. I brought the matter before the Government and advised it on many of the changes introduced. There is available a statement which details them at some length. The effect is that I have dealt with more applications and made more decisions in my first three months or so as Minister than were dealt with last year. Just over 5,000 applications were dealt with in 2010. As of last week, more than 6,000 applications had been processed. My objective, which I believe is achievable, is to get to a position by late spring or early summer next year whereby all citizenship applications will be processed within six months unless some exceptional difficulty or circumstance arises.

On how we deal with applications, the system has been modified to ensure that it is more efficient and that information which comes to me, as Minister, is more readily accessible in terms of dealing with, for example, bulk applications in relation to which there is no controversy or an application in respect of a spouse who is married to an Irish citizen, in respect of which no great difficulty or complexity should arise. We have arranged for different streams of applications to be dealt with.

Senators may not be aware that up to now a person granted citizenship would not receive his or her letter from the Minister for Justice and Equality until two or three years after the application was made. The letter would instruct the person to go to the local District Court to obtain an appointment - which may be two to four months later - to swear a declaration of fidelity to the State in front of a district judge. A person might have had to hang around the court watching a couple of criminal trials before being called or the judge might have dealt with the case at the end of the day when tired. The system attached no importance to becoming an Irish citizen. As a consequence, we have devised an appropriate ceremony that makes the event meaningful and shows that we as a country respect those who wish to become citizens of our country.

The first citizenship ceremony was held a few days ago. It was, for me, an emotional event. Everyone who attended was extraordinarily emotional. Some 73 new Irish citizens were sworn in on the day. That leaves approximately 4,000 people who have been granted Irish citizenship, with whom the courts cannot possibly cope. I want to ensure the backlog we are addressing does not become a court backlog. There will be a series of further ceremonies during which large numbers of people, properly granted citizenship, will be sworn in as citizens. The pilot worked well and we hope to hold more ceremonies at the end of July through to September. To ensure that those who have been granted citizenship get their papers at as early a stage as possible, we may, to assist them, truncate the ceremonies so that a number of people can become Irish citizens.

The template of how we are to this into the future is that set down in Dublin Castle. There will be a series of ceremonies of that nature. Those ceremonies will become the manner in which we deal with citizenship ceremonies on a permanent basis once we get back to the six months’ rule. In the meantime, individuals who are not available to participate in a ceremony can still use the District Court system. People will not be prohibited by an ability to attend at a particular ceremony. People will be informed of dates of ceremonies. I will also on occasion invite Members of this House to attend such ceremonies.

The feedback for what occurred last week has been extraordinary. The people who engaged in the ceremony expressed great support for the new approach being taken by Government. It is important we send out the message that we welcome those who lawfully live and work among us, are part of their community and wish to obtain citizenship and that we welcome the contribution they will make to Ireland. I am not sure we have always approached it in that way.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:57 pm

PIKKA wrote:
Sinolate wrote:I just had the most useless & demoralising phone call with INIS :(

Class of March 2009.
I received the same answer from INIS they are waiting for my Garda report since I was born but still not get it. I was told that I would get my decision in couple of months. I applied in July 2008 but they put me in August Queue. She said they are clearing 2007 and 2008 applications at the moment...............???????????????????

i am 2007 batch but i didnt get that reply.
one of the mary would say anything to put you off, not sure how much information is available to them on the system when we call and give them our refrence number.

i was told for the past year and half that they are wating for a report from outside agency (ie garda report) now i am told my file is not even on advanced stage or final stage, we will request further documents in the next few weeks or next few months.

my last conversation with one of the mary:

me:could you please confirm that you have received my last correspondence?
mary: yes you sent in SW report, yes we have it.

me: no i did not send it!
mary: oh! you sent in your Tax clreance certificate?

me: no i did not send it
mary: oh! ok let me just cheak it again

me: madam i recently sent my updated accounants letter comfirming my full time employment
mary: oh yes we have it.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 pm

what about me....:) Aceform
Aceform wrote:I would like to thank all the support I got in the forum. A special thanks to 9j for his supportive words. I'll definitely buy you a pint if we bump into each other :-)

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:31 pm

nanette wrote: what about me....:) Aceform
Aceform wrote:I would like to thank all the support I got in the forum. A special thanks to 9j for his supportive words. I'll definitely buy you a pint if we bump into each other :-)
On behalf of Aceform, a special thanks to Nanette for her unending contributions to us all! :wink:

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Congratz Marisa.....It was coming for you, told you so.
I am happy for you....:)-

Nanette

Marisa wrote:Thank you everyone for the incredible support shown and all the help given. An extra - thank you to Nanette, 9jeireann & Aceform...

It finally happened (Aceform, you were right :) )! I received my letter today from Tipperary, informing that I'll be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 weeks.

I must admit that I don't feel great elation, but...It ease my worried mind of an unemployed person (officially unemployed since last Friday).

Timeline:
Applied September'08
Additional documents requested June 10
WCATT since January'11
Approved 3rd July 2011

PIKKA, monte, max11, I wholeheartedly hope you all get it soon.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Congrats all of you!!!

Post by nanette » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

You should be ok sunilappat.

Nanette
sunilappat wrote:Congrats to thse who all got Naturalization approved!
I applied June 2010.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:52 pm

You as well nanette. Will buy you a drink as well. Thanks again :-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:53 pm

gordonre wrote:
On behalf of Aceform, a special thanks to Nanette for her unending contributions to us all! :wink:
cheers mate

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Aceform wrote:
gordonre wrote:
cheers mate
You're welcome Aceform!