ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Engaged to a Older women

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rascal444
BANNED

Getting Engaged to a Older women

Post by rascal444 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 pm

i will just make it short and sweet
im male 24 , asian , student visa, expires september 2012

i just met a 49 years old women , british white ( she looks like 35 ) still hot
never married , bt gt 2 kids 8 yrs n 2 ..

she wants me to marry me.
just wondering if i engaged her could i apply for spouse visa.??

even she told all her stories and i felt bit pitty ,cz she is nice women,she dont drink ,no smoke ...really nice women..

so wat do yuu guys thnkn ..should i go fo engagment??

my life rely on yuur answers ,so just wanna let yuu knoo i really wanna hear from yuu xx

rascal444
BANNED

Re: Getting Engaged to a Older women

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 am

rascal444 wrote:i will just make it short and sweet

even she told all her stories and i felt bit pitty ,cz she is nice women,she dont drink ,no smoke ...really nice women..

my life rely on yuur answers ,so just wanna let yuu knoo i really wanna hear from yuu xx
i live in uk atm

elv15

Post by elv15 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 am

You are 24 and she is 49? Your application will be scrutinised, you need to be married to apply for a spouse visa and you will need a lot of evidence to prove to the Home Office that your marriage is genuine, you can apply for unmarried partner visa but you need to have been living together for 2 years and they will need a lot of evidence.
Are you still studying full time and working only permitted hours?
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am

I think the decision of going for engagement or marriage should not be related to the immigration status or plans, the decision you and your other half take will have consequences on the immigration status but getting married/engaged to be able to apply for leave to remain might raise suspicions and make the process quite bumpy...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:49 am

it appears you are asking for relationship advice. If so you are in the wrong place.

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:57 am

Mthank yuu for yuur advice. I kno ma other half fr 2 months. So she wants to marry me cz she wants yo be step dad for her children. Im planning just to do register n change ring. After that i will move with her. And yh im full time student and for past 3 months working full time. Do yuu guys think it will be easy to get spouse visa if i apply inland ?? I been livin in uk fr 3 yrs and i gt another 1 year n 3 months visa. Whats yuur suggrstion guys

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Greenie wrote:

it appears you are asking for relationship advice. If so you are in the wrong place.
Personally speaking,I think he is just looking to get married to any British woman, so he can remain in this country.I would doubt it if he could pull this one off. There is a big age gap for a start.Furthermore he has only known her for a short period, she's already got 2 kids from a previous relationship.Rascal I think you are making a big mistake in doing what you want. just concentrate on your studies and complete whatever you are doing and then return home to put into practice what you have learnt here.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Working full time while on a student visa is not permitted, as I'm sure you know. You can't be studying full time and working full time, which suggests you aren't attending your course. This can be used as a reason by the UKBA to refuse an application to switch from student to spouse.
So if your only reason for marrying is to secure your residency here, then you may be disappointed.

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:33 pm

hi casa , i can understand what yuur trying to say.i am planning to stop doing full time from next month...cz i was in uni holidays...
so i am planning to live with her genuinely
so in what grounds they can refuse me. ..
they cant point out the age difference cz i knoo people still get married in very big age difference..
what yuu guys saying buddy??

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

batleykhan i accept what yuur sayin..but somethin has to sacrifice to get something...
and yuu kno evry1 did something to get their permits and citizenship
cz we dont belong to this country, its white mans country..
i presume yuur pakistani ,so yuu knoo evrythn..so i am a one person tryin to survive ..yuu gehh me sir??
and khsn i spoke to lawyer and they said if yuu live with her and maintain her relationship they cant nothin can be done x
so i am go for it but just wanna ask youur advice,
sorry if i said smthn wrong

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Don't play the nationality card on here please.
Your university holidays have lasted for the past 3 months? How much study have you truthfully missed while you've been working full time? Remember that the University will have to provide you with an attendance record for your spouse visa application.
You will also have to convince the Registrar before the marriage ceremony that the relationship is genuine. They are now legally bound to interview you both now that the COA has been abolished.

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm

rascal

best of luck, I am sure your application will go through, UKBA has this knack to allow those who abuse the system while applying all weight of rules and regulations to those legitimate applications, I am sure you'll come back to the board in a couple of months saying "I got it"... fair play to you...

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 pm

rascal444 wrote:batleykhan i accept what yuur sayin..but somethin has to sacrifice to get something...
and yuu kno evry1 did something to get their permits and citizenship
cz we dont belong to this country, its white mans country..
i presume yuur pakistani ,so yuu knoo evrythn..so i am a one person tryin to survive ..yuu gehh me sir??
and khsn i spoke to lawyer and they said if yuu live with her and maintain her relationship they cant nothin can be done x
so i am go for it but just wanna ask youur advice,
sorry if i said smthn wrong
I have to agree with the others.. Who are you to play the race card on here?? asking if Batleykhan is Pakistani??? of what importance is that?? You really do need to check yourself! White mans country? you have been here how long and you haven't noticed how multi cultural the UK is?

UKBA are clamping down on marriages made between people who have a large age gap, unless you can prove being together a decent amount of time. 2 months?? they would class that as a marriage of conveinience. They are NOT stupid.

If you genuinely are IN LOVE with this women, then good luck to you. But i'm sure i am not the only one here, who thinks there is something quite shady about it. I mean, you compared her to 'trying to survive'????

hmmmmmmmm :?

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 pm

suarezi : i like your style blood...quite impressive.. yuu ma man fam

casa : im really apologise for tht casa...just only fr yuu casa, cz yuu respected me and i should give it back..
and casa i think its nothing to do with my student visa ini??
and yh casa im telling truth to yuu i breached all the rules..
and casa i aiint getting married to that women soon.just want to know her for another 6 months and then only go for engagement..
and yeah i am just asking simple question.

if i marry her and live with her genuinly can i apply for the spouse visa??
just answer only that and dont talk any thing else please ...

and she is texting me evryday and callin and today we r goin out fr dinner x
so casa thnk yuu fr yuur time

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:19 pm

and yeah casa i am ready to convince anyone ,cz i know evrythin abt her and her families ... iwill get to knoo more abt her..
and how do i convince the registry?? and the women is quite famous and she got award from queen...
she is well popular .. so please help me casa

missy : i dont like ppl gettin rude to me ..so please dont reply

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 pm

rascal444 wrote:and yeah casa i am ready to convince anyone ,cz i know evrythin abt her and her families ... iwill get to knoo more abt her..
and how do i convince the registry?? and the women is quite famous and she got award from queen...
she is well popular .
. so please help me casa

missy : i dont like ppl gettin rude to me ..so please dont reply
This is getting more amusing by the minute.

Yes Rascal I am Pakistani and proud of it, but having lived in the UK for over 40 yrs,I have worked hard, abides by the law of the country, and not abused the hospitality of the people of this "white mans country" as you call it.

I am sorry but I am sick and tired of people who abuse the system, because its their abuse which has resulted in stricter regulations by the government of this country, This has in turn made it very very difficult for people who are genuine and play by the rules.

People who are responding to your post are giving you an honest opinion on the basis of what you have said and what you want to do. You should be grateful for this. If you don't believe them, then i suggest you stick to your solicitor who has probably promised you that it will be possible. Good luck to you if you do succeed and I hope you live happily for a long time after that.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Well said Batleykhan.
The only thing I can add is that yes, you can be refused an application to switch to spouse from within the UK, due to breach of the terms of your student visa. It's quite a common refusal actually and your solicitor should have advised you of that...unless you didn't make him aware that you've not been attending studies and have been working full time! You could have your student visa revoked if the University inform the UKBA of your non-attendance....if they haven't already!

rascal444
BANNED

Post by rascal444 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

yo guys yuu all from elementry or something???
yo casa i respected yuu yhh bt nw ur cursing me??
do yuu knoo wahh i didnt go uni fr 2 years ... like i went 2 times
bt last year i got my 3 n a half years visa extended...
and 2 months ago immigration had to arrest me they took my pay slip ...they had evidence i worked ful time , but got away ... still doin full time...
3 years agoo got caught for propa crime... bt gt away ...
so yuu sayin i wil be in trouble for not attending skool ???cm on man grow up ... i am a well influenced man in east london ...
i can do anythin .i dont wanna tell yuu now what i am capable of doin and u wont have any idea abt tht ...

plzz baneed me n im sick of yuu

and really thnk yuu for yuur good advice fr some ppl who honestly advised me ...thes made me to b spiteful
thnk yuu

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 pm

It gives me great pleasure to tell you that with your immigration history to date in the UK you stand more chance of being able to switch to spouse visa than you have of walking on the moon.

And by the way...we're about to ban you from the forum.

Note: He obviously wasn't studying English in the brief time he attended University. :shock:
I've deleted the most abusive and offensive lines from his post.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Must have been your invisible cursing Casa..........or a serious lack of respect for women.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Ah Paperpusher. Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt and due to his poor grasp of 'elementary' English he actually meant the use of my PC cursor. :?
Last edited by Casa on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Well done Casa for putting him out of his misery 8)