ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

fz158 wrote:Ok so application status now reads: Processed application returned to AC 07/06/2011" :-)

I assume it should be ready for collection then?

Zaki
Damnnnnnnnn!!!!! wow dude, but I think it should say ready for collection so that u can collect it????

Crap!!! Mine reads the same as last time, oh well its a quick process only for some people :) congrats yaar.

Stalem, there are mixed views now because of the changes in how Gerry's handles applications but ideally you would need to have your nikah nama attested.

As for TB test certificate, it might be alright for you to submit both passports and then just let the ECO know that your TB certificate was made whilst you had your old passport. Hopefully others can shed some light on this.
Last edited by Shadow86 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

akaamir

hey

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

@ Everyday-4-u
any update my staus still same what about urs??????
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks shadow bro,

hopefully isnhallaha yours is done as well along with our appelants. I know what u guys r going through but inshallaha u will be rewarded with ur patience soon.

Will update when it finally says "collect" :-)

Zaki
Shadow86 wrote:
fz158 wrote:Ok so application status now reads: Processed application returned to AC 07/06/2011" :-)

Zaki
Damnnnnnnnn!!!!! wow dude, but I think it should say ready for collection so that u can collect it.

Crap!!! Mine reads the same as last time, oh well its a quick process only for some people :) congrats yaar.

Stalem, there are mixed views now because of the changes in how Gerry's handles applications but ideally you would need to have your nikah nama attested.

As for TB test certificate, it might be alright for you to submit both passports and then just let the ECO know that your TB certificate was made whilst you had your old passport. Hopefully others can shed some light on this.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 pm

fz158

not long now!!!! Let us know when u get the collection message!!! good days!!! Mashallah

Do us a favour will u........

could u write the updates u got, jus so that us lot who are waiting can have an idea of what to expect next & how long the whole process took......

urs was a complaint case so probably got dealt with quicker........

well done

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 pm

CRT7 wrote:fz158

not long now!!!! Let us know when u get the collection message!!! good days!!! Mashallah

Do us a favour will u........

could u write the updates u got, jus so that us lot who are waiting can have an idea of what to expect next & how long the whole process took......

urs was a complaint case so probably got dealt with quicker........

well done
Submitted passport on Friday 24 June 2011 at 10:00 at Gerrys Lahore in the morning Pakistan time.

First update on day of submitting: “VAF printing completed on 24/06/2011â€

stalem
Newly Registered

Post by stalem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks shadow86!

Thats the conclusion I've come to. But where should I get it attested from?

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 pm

stalem wrote:Thanks shadow86!

Thats the conclusion I've come to. But where should I get it attested from?
I had mine done in Sep 2010 so it's been quite a while. Basically my wife had Urdu nikah nama so she got it translated into English and the person who translated it had authority to attest it.

Not sure how it works for English ones. Have a check on the UKBA website and follow their requirements - best thing to do. If it says Ministry of Foreign Affairs then find one in Pak and get it attested by them.

Zaki, was I supposed to count the days from the date u submitted passport in the total duration (on spreadsheet) or do I count from following day? I left the minor details and focused more on the important ones.
Last edited by Shadow86 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stalem
Newly Registered

Post by stalem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

thanks again!!! :)

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 pm

stalem wrote:thanks again!!! :)
My advice would be to also get a Naddra produced marriage certificate as well so that you dont encounter problems I did.

I have learnt that Home office will also check this Nadra system as well to obtain further confirmation should they seek it about validity of marriage.

Its not a requirement as a Nikkah Nama alone that is english translated should be sufficient but just to cover all bases if you can be bothered get a Naadra one done as well.

I had all my appeal documents attested by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and there is no higher authority in Pakistan to attest any documents as far as i am aware.

Zaki

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Zaki
omg, its a long jump, now u r first in cue. pray for rest of us too.
wait for the final update!!!!

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

saeraj wrote:

Zaki
omg, its a long jump, now u r first in cue. pray for rest of us too.
wait for the final update!!!!

awesome, i think your application processed in Islamabad my dad passport was back in 12 days and my stuck for month,

KKK047
Newly Registered

Re: need information

Post by KKK047 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 pm

akaamir wrote:
What did BHC asked u for?n which time they called?
@ KKK047

BHC ask me very basic question what do i do in uk my husbby name and his parents name what does he do in pak the company i work for, and how i met my husband.and they call on monday first on my mobile i could answer call because of work and it was with held then they rang at my home where my sister in law answer call she told her that im at work and she need to call before 7.30am in morring,my sis in law told me when i got bk home but i thought they not going to call,but she did in morring tuseday 24/05/2011 @ 6 am same lady she told me that she spoke to my s-i-L.
did they call u as well.[/quote]

Nupz i didnt got anycall from them neither my wife :( ,,,,,, i hope so everthng is going fine..

agraceofman

Re: need information

Post by agraceofman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

KKK047 wrote: Nupz i didnt got anycall from them neither my wife :( ,,,,,, i hope so everthng is going fine..
i guess they dont ring for EEA bcoz I dont get and neither my wife !!! so dont worry just let them do what they are doing you will get update and hope for better

stalem
Newly Registered

Post by stalem » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:26 pm

fz158 wrote:
My advice would be to also get a Naddra produced marriage certificate as well so that you dont encounter problems I did.

I have learnt that Home office will also check this Nadra system as well to obtain further confirmation should they seek it about validity of marriage.

Its not a requirement as a Nikkah Nama alone that is english translated should be sufficient but just to cover all bases if you can be bothered get a Naadra one done as well.

I had all my appeal documents attested by the Ministry of Foreign affairs and there is no higher authority in Pakistan to attest any documents as far as i am aware.

Zaki
Thanks!
My dad went to get the NADRA certificate made today but the guy told him that its not available yet in Isb/Pindi as the Federal Govt doesn't have a deal with Nadra yet :S

So then I called Gerrys. And the guy said that I only need to submit the english version nikah nama and that attestation isn't mandatory but wouldn't hurt.
So I'm getting it attested and Ministry of Foreign Affairs it will be!

Man, do I hate this visa thing or what!?!!

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

stalem wrote:
fz158 wrote:

Zaki
Thanks!
My dad went to get the NADRA certificate made today but the guy told him that its not available yet in Isb/Pindi as the Federal Govt doesn't have a deal with Nadra yet :S

So then I called Gerrys. And the guy said that I only need to submit the english version nikah nama and that attestation isn't mandatory but wouldn't hurt.
So I'm getting it attested and Ministry of Foreign Affairs it will be!

Man, do I hate this visa thing or what!?!!

their id card remade after marriage. Get family certificate from Nadra. it

is equally good. all the best

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 am

@shadow n agraceofman

guys i ve very zabardast information.

i called visa section abudhabi today, just moments ago.
guess what they told me?
"the system is showing your application is processed and we are sending your passport back to Pakistan today and you will recieve it in next week"

means my passport was in abudhabi..... :?

the "update statuses" should have an official interpretation.

i would suggest, guys waiting for their passports after resubmission of the docs should call visa section abudhabi, no use to call gerrys.

heres the number once again, 00971-2-610-1100 (extension on prompt 1 then 2 then 2237)

best of luck

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 am

my status also updated to "processed application sent to AC"

agraceofman, dont wait and call abudhabi, if ur status is not changed yet or otherwise inform me.

best of luck

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Guys

Me back again My wife re-submiited the application yester day

Submitted application 18March2011
Collection 13June
Decision Refused

Re submission 06July2011

Pray for me guys

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

Application submitted on 04/10/2010 at Lahore
Ready for collection on 29/12/2010
Refused on 29/12/2010
Appeal 20/01/2011 (my wife appealed in UK for my visa)
File Opening Date: 14/06/2011
Overturned decision: 05/06/2011
Call Letter 05/06/2011
Submit Passport 15/06/2011
your visa application has been dispatched to Islamabad OC 15/06/11
your visa application has been forwarded to the embassy for processing 19/06/2011
Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. 06/28/2011
Processed Application returned TO AC 07/07/2011
finger crossed

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 am

saeraj wrote:my status also updated to "processed application sent to AC"

agraceofman, dont wait and call abudhabi, if ur status is not changed yet or otherwise inform me.

best of luck
thats great now what it will be tomorrow or on monday ready for collect ?

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 am

agraceofman wrote:
saeraj wrote:my status also updated to "processed application sent to AC"

best of luck
thats great now what it will be tomorrow or on monday ready for collect ?
i think we should be patient :) and should wait till monday tuesday for the ready to collect update.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

any update from april or may applicants.
9 weeks done
god knows how much time left

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm

ss27 wrote:Hi Guys

Collection 13June
Decision Refused

Re submission 06July2011

Pray for me guys
When you say re-submission, are you talking about a FRESH application or Appeal????

saeraj and agraceofman, that's awesome news man!!!!!!!! :D NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine says the same thing as last time (Forwarded to Embassy for processing) :roll:. It hasn't even moved to the under process stage yet lol but I ain't worried one bit about it, inshallah it will go straight to the application sent to AC status.

ss27

Post by ss27 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
ss27 wrote:Hi Guys

Collection 13June
Decision Refused

Re submission 06July2011

Pray for me guys
When you say re-submission, are you talking about a FRESH application or Appeal????

saeraj and agraceofman, that's awesome news man!!!!!!!! :D NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresh Application Bro

Dont want to go that appeal route
only had one objection they didint satisfied with her Bachelor and Master degree though it is eqvilant to the uk bachelor degree
she has passed the A2 test so thats why we didnt go that route also had advised from the solicitor she said its better to re submitt they might come back within 1 month hope fully becaz we submitted the applcation with one month after the getting the refusal notice they might not do all the searches as they done it already

Just Pary for me bro
if we go for appeal it will take 6 to 9 months

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

ss27, which location you submitted it in? I added a new Spreadsheet for July applicants and just placed you in there. Is it Lahore again?

May Allah let your new application go fast and that you receive a response within one month inshallah.