ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding to FLR M Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wayblock

regarding to FLR M Visa

Post by wayblock » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi Guys, me and my british partner getting married soon. I will apply for Spouse visa probably in August, Just got few questions.

1- Regarding to Partners English Language Test (introduced on 29th November), I just heard if someone got Master's Degree from one of UK University he doesn't need to show English Language Test. I got my Becholer Degree from India but my Master Degree is from UK University. So do i still need to give English Language Test.

2- I'm on Highly Skilled Visa and having very good salary, my partner is getting housing benefits ofcourse she will loose benefits so when should we tell Benefit Agency about our CP just before we apply for Spouse Visa or we can tell Agency after getting Visa.

3- My partner got one double bed room in a 3 bed rooms house. She is Tenant, living there for 6 years, she doesn't pay Council Tax, Electricity or any other bills as everything is included in the rent. So is it enough showing our Tenancy Agreements from landlord and our bank statments as proof of address or how many address related proof should we send to Home Office.

I'm looking forward to your reply. Many Thanks

Talort
Newly Registered

Re: regarding to FLR M Visa

Post by Talort » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

wayblock wrote:Hi Guys, me and my british partner getting married soon. I will apply for Spouse visa probably in August, Just got few questions.

1- Regarding to Partners English Language Test (introduced on 29th November), I just heard if someone got Master's Degree from one of UK University he doesn't need to show English Language Test. I got my Becholer Degree from India but my Master Degree is from UK University. So do i still need to give English Language Test.
You can rely on a Masters Degree from a UK University, however you have to show:

1. either the original certificate (or certified copy); or
2. original transcript (or certified copy); and
3. letter from the university confirming your attendance, the date of your award and that the university is on the approved list (can't remember the exact wording but the university should know this).

That's what my wife had and they accepted it no problems as proof of english language for FLR(M).
wayblock wrote: 2- I'm on Highly Skilled Visa and having very good salary, my partner is getting housing benefits ofcourse she will loose benefits so when should we tell Benefit Agency about our CP just before we apply for Spouse Visa or we can tell Agency after getting Visa.
Can't answer this, but if she is British why should your change in immigration status affect her? Furthermore, if you are living together as husband and wife, how is she even able to claim benefit if you have a well paid job? Are you failing to declare co-habitation to the DWP? That in itself could present a roadblock, you definitely need to give a bit more detail.
wayblock wrote: 3- My partner got one double bed room in a 3 bed rooms house. She is Tenant, living there for 6 years, she doesn't pay Council Tax, Electricity or any other bills as everything is included in the rent. So is it enough showing our Tenancy Agreements from landlord and our bank statments as proof of address or how many address related proof should we send to Home Office.
For FLR(M) my wife and I didn't have to show any documentation relating to housing or addresses (although it was on a couple of the letters we had proving other things, but it wasn't really assessed).

However, you may want to start to build up a history because 2 years after the FLR(M) application has been approved, you will want to apply for ILR and for that you need to prove 2 years of co-habiting etc.

Again, be aware that this could have the potential to affect public funds when you declare it. Your partner needs to really consider why she is claiming housing benefit if you are living with her, given that you have a good job.

Hope that helps, please give some serious consideration to the claiming of benefits, if you are living together as a couple and she is not declaring it she could end up going to prison for benefit fraud.

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Talort,

Thanks for your reply. We have told benefit agency and now they've stopped paying her benefits. Also we are not living together we will start living together from our wedding day.

An important question as she lives very close to my house just 10 min drive away so we are not having many proof to show our relationship is genuine we've only phone bills of 14 months and photos to prove our relationship. Please anyone got any idea How many proof we've to submit to show genuine relationship for FLR(M) application. I'm getting bit worried about it.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:55 pm

wayblock wrote:Hi Talort,

Thanks for your reply. We have told benefit agency and now they've stopped paying her benefits. Also we are not living together we will start living together from our wedding day.

An important question as she lives very close to my house just 10 min drive away so we are not having many proof to show our relationship is genuine we've only phone bills of 14 months and photos to prove our relationship. Please anyone got any idea How many proof we've to submit to show genuine relationship for FLR(M) application. I'm getting bit worried about it.

Please read the guidance. Nowhere does it ask for relationship proof. It only asks for the marriage certificate in your case.