ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delayed entry to the uk with T1G

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pakhal123
Newly Registered

delayed entry to the uk with T1G

Post by pakhal123 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

My T1G visa was issued on 25th June 2010. Surprisingly it was issued for 3 years, whith validity until june 2013. I have not moved to the uk as i was searching for job from my home country (Bangladesh) and could not manage to leave my current job.

I have decided to enter the Uk by October 2011 though I did not secure a job in the Uk. I read many threads in this forum to try and get some idea about what could be some possible setbacks regarding entry, job search, and extention. However, since migration situations change evry now and then I thought it would be good idea to clear as much confusion as possible before I finally go for it. I would highly appreciate if you guys help me out with the following issues.
  • 1. What are chances of the IO making an issue regarding the delayed entry and not using the first 12+ months of my visa? Is there any rule specifying the time from visa issue date whithin which one needs to enter the UK?

2. My initaial LTR was issued for 3 years rather than 2 years. And I did not make any noise about it when I recieved it. Can it be a problem at the enry port?

3. I am worried of the fact that I may end up with around 18 months in UK before my visa expires. I understand that it is possible to apply for early extension. Is 18 months too early for it?

4. Just in case 18 months is too early or I do not have enough earning at that point of time, is it possible to extend the visa for a short period before I finally apply for the 3year point based extention?

5. I am a Banker and I hear from many people that these days Banking jobs are openning up in UK. Do you guys think it is so?

Thanks a lot.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: delayed entry to the uk with T1G

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:24 pm

pakhal123 wrote:My T1G visa was issued on 25th June 2010. Surprisingly it was issued for 3 years, whith validity until june 2013. I have not moved to the uk as i was searching for job from my home country (Bangladesh) and could not manage to leave my current job.

I have decided to enter the Uk by October 2011 though I did not secure a job in the Uk. I read many threads in this forum to try and get some idea about what could be some possible setbacks regarding entry, job search, and extention. However, since migration situations change evry now and then I thought it would be good idea to clear as much confusion as possible before I finally go for it. I would highly appreciate if you guys help me out with the following issues.
  • 1. What are chances of the IO making an issue regarding the delayed entry and not using the first 12+ months of my visa? Is there any rule specifying the time from visa issue date whithin which one needs to enter the UK?

2. My initaial LTR was issued for 3 years rather than 2 years. And I did not make any noise about it when I recieved it. Can it be a problem at the enry port?

3. I am worried of the fact that I may end up with around 18 months in UK before my visa expires. I understand that it is possible to apply for early extension. Is 18 months too early for it?

4. Just in case 18 months is too early or I do not have enough earning at that point of time, is it possible to extend the visa for a short period before I finally apply for the 3year point based extention?

5. I am a Banker and I hear from many people that these days Banking jobs are openning up in UK. Do you guys think it is so?

Thanks a lot.
1. They may make an issue about it, but as long as you are using the visa for it's intended purposes, there should be no issue. There are no rules about when you can enter, as long as it's before the visa expires.
2. Doubt it.
3. Extension will be for 24 months based on your original LTR length - it will therefore only extend your current leave by 6 months if you apply early. That's just a bit silly.
4. How do you foresee extending the visa for a short period of time? There is no such thing, you either extend or you don't - there's no interim extension option.
5. Depends - banking isn't doing as well as it used to and banks are shedding staff rather than jobs opening up (from what I have heard). What type of banker are you? From the news I have seen recently, the banks are doing whatever they can to still try and cut costs and get themselves back into the black. Lloyds TSB is selling 632 branches - what will become of these and the staff in them is still to be seen. RBS (incl Natwest) has stopped employing permanent staff for a long time, but I believe that contracting is good with them - but then that's more on the IT side.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:25 pm

1. You can enter any time during the validity of the visa. If asked by an IO about delayed entry, be honest and tell him the reason(s).
2. No.
3. You may apply for extension any time you wish to, provided you meet requirements.
4. To avoid this topic digressing into a one focussed on discussing employment matters rather than immigration queries, post such queries in the relevant forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Post by pakhal123 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 pm

thanks a lot.