ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change GNIB stamp with naturalised certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublinlad

Change GNIB stamp with naturalised certificate

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Please some one can answer me..
Is it possible to change my wife's GNIB to stamp 4 with my naturalised certificate? or do I strictly need to bring my irish passport. she is on stamp 1 at the moment and her stamp 1 is running out this week.

please some one can answer.

regards

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Dublinlad,
I live in country. Immigration officer was generous enough. She changed the stamp just based on Nat cert. That is confirmation that your are citizen isnt it?
All depends on immigration officer.
REgards
Tiggs

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:00 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi Dublinlad,
I live in country. Immigration officer was generous enough. She changed the stamp just based on Nat cert. That is confirmation that your are citizen isnt it?
All depends on immigration officer.
REgards
Tiggs

thanks tiggs..

9jeirean

Re: Change GNIB stamp with naturalised certificate

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:57 pm

dublinlad wrote:Please some one can answer me..
Is it possible to change my wife's GNIB to stamp 4 with my naturalised certificate? or do I strictly need to bring my irish passport. she is on stamp 1 at the moment and her stamp 1 is running out this week.

please some one can answer.

regards
As a naturalized Irish citizen, your CoN is the official proof of your Irish citizenship, it should suffice for this purpose. We have however read reported cases of where some overzealous immigration officers are insisting on applicants bringing the passport. As tiggs said, it depends on your IO, some, if you not to much in haste, I'll advice to get the passport and bring along, you never know when you'll run into many of those myopic immigration officers.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

dublinlad

Re: Change GNIB stamp with naturalised certificate

Post by dublinlad » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 am

9jeirean thanks for the advice..

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

I cant count the number of times I have been told by government workers that the only proof of my Irish citizenship is my Irish passport :shock: :shock: :shock: The level of ignorance is unreal sometimes.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...