ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Advice please

Post by poshandbecks1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

Please I will be travelling on holidays after my Naturalisation ceremony and then apply for the British Passport when I get back, issue here is that my son has a British passport and I would have my foreign passport with my Indefinite leave to remain and also my Naturalisation certificate.

1) Do I have to fill a landing card when I return?
2) Also can I go on the British queue as against the long non British queue?

Thank you for helping out.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:32 pm

1. Yes
2. No

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Actually, I can argue that the answer to both questions is No because you are already a British Citizen.
If you carry your naturalization certificate with you (aloig with your passport) I think you can get away in the EU line and without filling in a landing card although technically the que is for "EU passports" only

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 am

Please I will be travelling on holidays after my Naturalisation ceremony and then apply for the British Passport when I get back, issue here is that my son has a British passport and I would have my foreign passport with my Indefinite leave to remain and also my Naturalisation certificate.
You have to make sure, that you can avail of dual citizenship with your original nationality, otherwise your original passport will be invalid for travel eg if its Indian , it most certainly will.

If you are using your original passport, which you will be as do not have a British one yet, you will have to do exactly what you did before.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 am

Backer wrote:Actually, I can argue that the answer to both questions is No because you are already a British Citizen.
If you carry your naturalization certificate with you (aloig with your passport) I think you can get away in the EU line and without filling in a landing card although technically the que is for "EU passports" only
The queue you use at the airport depends on the passport you are travelling on, not your citizenship.

mojo_92
Newly Registered

That's not entirely true

Post by mojo_92 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 pm

I travelled a few times with my wife who is a BC on my ILR stamped foreign passport and I have used the EU passport queue without any probolem. In fact the Immigartion officer has confirmed that I can so as long as we are travelling together.

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm

When I had indefinite leave I never completed a landing card and always used the shortest and fastes queue (as long as I travelled wiht my hisband who has a British passport). I was told this at Gatwick airport by pople controlling the queues, they said as long as we are together we could use either queue and none of the immigation officers ever queried our choices.