ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks Marisa, this is very helpful info. :D

realhope

Post by realhope » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 pm

still waiting wrote:still waiting's wait is over now, finally there is good news for me and a big thankyou to everyone on this forum who is contributing and sharing their experiences on this forum.
a special thanx to 9jerian, nanette, aceform, marisa, strongbow and
my dearest IRISH PHAROE. it came true as u said i will get lettter b4e nxt week.

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.
2. got acknoledgement end of jan 2009.
3. additional doc requested may 2011 were sent same week.
4. file went to minister end of may 2011.
5. got letter to pay fees on 06/07/2011.

also i was fined for double yellow line but was paid straight away, four-five years ago had some problem coz of friend visa with Garda intellegence so name was taken on Garda pulse wasnt my fault directly. had medical card for one year aswell.

anyway at the end of day got it also train seems to be moving and there is light at end of tunnel for sure.

my best wishes to everyone on this forum and god make happy to everyone on this forum soon.

i have LTR since last one year so it doesnt seems to be working for us guys who already applied since last two, three years or more. dont know may b it is helpful for people who have applied since 2010, anyway LTR is plus point.
hi stillwaiting...no you are not any more...congratulations
just on the same note.. i applied for LTR in dec 2010 and i am still waiting for a reply no further documentations requested
citizenship application since sep 2009 and i am stillwaiting
do you guys know how long it takes for LTR to get processed...
any one who can shed some light on the issue will be very much appreciated
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 pm

still waiting wrote:still waiting's wait is over now, finally there is good news for me and a big thankyou to everyone on this forum who is contributing and sharing their experiences on this forum.
a special thanx to 9jerian, nanette, aceform, marisa, strongbow and
my dearest IRISH PHAROE. it came true as u said i will get lettter b4e nxt week.

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.
2. got acknoledgement end of jan 2009.
3. additional doc requested may 2011 were sent same week.
4. file went to minister end of may 2011.
5. got letter to pay fees on 06/07/2011.

also i was fined for double yellow line but was paid straight away, four-five years ago had some problem coz of friend visa with Garda intellegence so name was taken on Garda pulse wasnt my fault directly. had medical card for one year aswell.

anyway at the end of day got it also train seems to be moving and there is light at end of tunnel for sure.

my best wishes to everyone on this forum and god make happy to everyone on this forum soon.

i have LTR since last one year so it doesnt seems to be working for us guys who already applied since last two, three years or more. dont know may b it is helpful for people who have applied since 2010, anyway LTR is plus point.
Fantastic stillwaiting. Great news mate. Hearty congratulations. See you at the citizenship ceremony :-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:51 pm

9jeirean wrote: 'Cause they still need a gard to press the key board even if it's only Ctrl+P, and he/she couldn't be bothered :lol:. The whole shenanigan with the naturalization process comes down to one thing: entrenched ineptitude leading to a culture of "don't rock the boat" within the public service. Compounded with the fact hat their customers are immigrants, "sure what would they do?"; so Mary goes out to have one more fag, gets another cuppa tea and chat away with the other Mary who just came back from her holiday about her plan for Christmas, mind you we are in the middle of July. All the while, Marisa's file was gathering dust on the shelf :lol:

Priceless 'init? :P
hahahaha LMAO

dublinlad

GNIB renewal with naturalised certificate

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Please some one can answer me..
Is it possible to change my wife's GNIB to stamp 4 with my naturalised certificate? or do I strictly need to bring my irish passport. she is on stamp 1 at the moment and her stamp 1 is running out this week.

please some one can answer.

regards

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: GNIB renewal with naturalised certificate

Post by nanette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Go with your CoN and tell them that you have not applied for the passport yet. You are not obliged to apply for the passport.

Passport is for travelling and can be used as an ID.

Nanette
dublinlad wrote:Please some one can answer me..
Is it possible to change my wife's GNIB to stamp 4 with my naturalised certificate? or do I strictly need to bring my irish passport. she is on stamp 1 at the moment and her stamp 1 is running out this week.

regards

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks nanette..you were very helpful in the past..present and hope in the future ..I am going to try with CON. anybody any experience in this matter

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm

dublinlad wrote:Please some one can answer me..

regards
hey dublinlad, yes they accept the naturalisation cert. I know a friend of mine changed his wife's stamp by bringing his Naturalisation certificate.

Wish you all the best.

justpaddy
Newly Registered

Oath day on Firday

Post by justpaddy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello,

I have my oath on Friday. So just making sure I am well aware what to carry:

1) Letter and Yellow form
2) ID Proof (Passport)

If there is any thing else then pls let me know.

In the Yellow Form do I need to fill the name, place signature, date etc prior to visiting the court/ judge?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Aceform thanks a lot...... :) and congrats for your approval.. :D

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 pm

dublinlad wrote:Aceform thanks a lot...... :) and congrats for your approval.. :D
Cheers lad

dublinlad

Re: Oath day on Firday

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 pm

hi justpaddy

you can fill in your name and address part..don't sign because you need to sign the yellow form in front of the judge

you need to bring yellow form and id proof(passport)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:32 pm

justpaddy wrote:Hello,

2) ID Proof (Passport)

In the Yellow Form do I need to fill the name, place signature, date etc prior to visiting the court/ judge?

Thank you.
congrats justpaddy.

That's all you need. An yellow form and your photo ID.

They don't check if you have filled out the application or not. Just make sire you get the Judge's seal and signature. The judge will get you to sign in from of him. Once this is done, just send this form along with 950 Euros and 2 photos to INIS.

dublintogalway

query for GNIB Number

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:43 pm

hi guys,

i have to fill in naturalisation application for minor and there is a section to fill in GNIB number..What number should i put in the form as children don't have any GNIB number..

cheers

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Aceform wrote:
justpaddy wrote:Hello,

2) ID Proof (Passport)

Thank you.
congrats justpaddy.

That's all you need. An yellow form and your photo ID.

They don't check if you have filled out the application or not. Just make sire you get the Judge's seal and signature. The judge will get you to sign in from of him. Once this is done, just send this form along with 950 Euros and 2 photos to INIS.
Agree with Aceform. Fill in all details except date and signature. Don't forget to send you GNIB card together with your fee and photos and of course Form7. I'd suggest you make a colour copy (front and back) of your GNIB car for your own records and in case you may need it for some reason.

nargis77
Newly Registered

Post by nargis77 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Just got it !!!!! My details :
Applied on the base of Spouse of irish citizen..
1 Applied in October 2009
2Additional docs were requested on the 5th of March (were sent next day)
3Got a letter today ..
Good luck to everyone...

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 pm

congratulations nargis77..best of luck

blue bird
Newly Registered

Re: query for GNIB Number

Post by blue bird » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

i have to fill in naturalisation application for minor and there is a section to fill in GNIB number..What number should i put in the form as children don't have any GNIB number..

cheers
I think they did mean your GNIB, because you are representing the applicant even on behalf of your child.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Regarding applying for the passport after naturalization
should I send my original passport with the application or can I send something else like driving license?
I would need my original passport as I'm going abroad after applying for the Irish passport?
peace on you

aya101

Post by aya101 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 pm

did anyone apply in august 2009 get the yellow form yet

9jeirean

Re: query for GNIB Number

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

cheers
Just fill in "Not Applicable". Children under the age of 16 are not issued with GNIB cards.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Regarding applying for the passport after naturalization
should I send my original passport with the application or can I send something else like driving license?
I would need my original passport as I'm going abroad after applying for the Irish passport?
Your Driving Licence should suffice. (Make sure you make a photocopy b4 sending it off, you never know when you'll get stopped by a Garda)

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

monte

Post by monte » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

a quick question for the newly approved people who are waiting on a ceremony, do they as you to send you GNIB card along with the 950 euros & the 2 photos,
thnaks.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 am

nargis77 wrote:Just got it !!!!! My details :
Applied on the base of Spouse of irish citizen..
1 Applied in October 2009
2Additional docs were requested on the 5th of March (were sent next day)
3Got a letter today ..
Good luck to everyone...
wow, great news. exact same timeline as my husband, except he hasn't sent in the extra doc's yet :( Not sure what exactly they require these for since he qualified for all the requirements as set ou in the citizenship act. Anyways congrats to you and all others who have been granted recently :)

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 am

Friend of mine applied in August 2009 but no news for him,
i applied in September 2009 and now news for me either
aya101 wrote:did anyone apply in august 2009 get the yellow form yet