ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due in December 2012 but Passport expires in Jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Casapot

ILR due in December 2012 but Passport expires in Jan 2013

Post by Casapot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me.. My Moroccan husband's passport expires in January 2013, but his ILR is due November 2012. What is worrying us is if he gets ILR will they put the visa stamp in his old passport and what will happen when he obtains new passport in January 2013? Will we have to get the visa ILR stamped into the new passport? How does it work? I hope I have been able to explain myself.. :lol:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Can he not apply for a new passport before he applies for settlement in November 2012?

Also, unless UKBA has changed it's policy, ILR can be stamped on an expired passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm not sure what the Moroccan government's policy is, but in my case, my government and its embassy here allow you to renew your passport 6 month before it's due to expire, if that's the case with you, then your husband can renew his passport at around July 2012 and then submit both passport when applying for ILR.

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Can he not apply for a new passport before he applies for settlement in November 2012?

Also, unless UKBA has changed it's policy, ILR can be stamped on an expired passport.
He could apply for new passport in Morocco in July 2012 but how will he be able to return to England as his visa will be stamped in his previous passport. In Morocco they take the old passport and keep it before issuing new passport...I think we will have to contact the embassy and asked maybe there are special rules for this type of situation

Thankyou for yr help :D

Casapot

Post by Casapot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

littlerice wrote:I'm not sure what the Moroccan government's policy is, but in my case, my government and its embassy here allow you to renew your passport 6 month before it's due to expire, if that's the case with you, then your husband can renew his passport at around July 2012 and then submit both passport when applying for ILR.
The problem is they take old passport in Morocco when you obtain the new one. So how will he be able to fly back to England without the visa stamp?

Thanks for yr help :D

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:44 am

its doesn't matter. he will have to carry both his passports.
Can't he get a new passport from Morocco Embassy in London ?