ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife had visa appointment. I am not confident. Any thoughts?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taucher
Newly Registered

Wife had visa appointment. I am not confident. Any thoughts?

Post by Taucher » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 pm

So last week my wife had her spouse visa appoitnment in the British Embassy in Bogota. Well, I say visa appointment but i was for biometrics. So they took her finger prints,photos and still have her passport. She gave in all of our documents and the lady at th embassy asked her on question: how did you meet your husband. She then said that they would email.

My guess is they will either say 1) yes you got your visa, come and get it, 2) No you dont ave a visa or 3) come in for an interview. ANy idea which option is most likely?

The reason I say I am not confident is that I was made redundant, surprisingly, on March 31st. I was promised redundancy but my company decided that the other company that ran the contract is liable to pay redundancy. So they are arguing, my union is represent all of us. But before they took redundancy away, they sent a letter offering £13,756 as my redundancy. They then withdrew this. At the time of the appointment, the offer hadnt been withdrawn, it was withdrawn the day after. Either way the mony wasnt in my account. All I have is a £16,500 pa temp job (down from £33k that I was earning before)

However, my job is on a rolling contract but not perm. My wges arent great (I sent pyslips from this job).

On the other hand, my parents sent a letter saying how much they love my wife and are happy we got married. Also that they will (and can) support us financially; we also sent my Dad's bank statement which has £300,000+ in it. Is this acceptable?

We kept putting the appointment date back as I was waiting for my redundancy (with letter as proof of where money came from). But as it became clear that my redundancy money will not be soon we decided to go for it anyway. I have no savings.

Sorry for the essay length of this. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

T