ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shared Accommodation Procedure for Tier 4 Students

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kprasath
Newly Registered

Shared Accommodation Procedure for Tier 4 Students

Post by kprasath » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 am

Hi,
My fiance and I are planning to apply for Tier 4 visa. I am planning to rent a single or double bedroom house or flat for us to live in and I am paying the cost of accommodation. When going for visa interview I expect them to ask usual question of where we are planning to stay, In this case should I get the tenancy agreement in both of our names or is it ok to get it in my name and I give her a letter which states that I am ready to share my house or flat with her.

Apart from this, regarding maintenance of funds we both have separate accounts with each of us having a cash deposit of 5400 pounds and apart from this in my account I have an extra 6600 pounds which I plan to use it for meeting the accommodation expenses as such should I give any letter to her to state that this money is for both of us to meet the accommodation expenses, as the flat which I am currently booking costs around 6450 pounds per year.

I request for your valuable suggestions in this regard. Thank You for your valuable time.

regards
Krishna

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 am

can i just ask you one thing
who is the main applicant
means...is ur fiance applying with u as ur dependent or u both applying as individual student.....
if u r the main applicant and she is applying with u as ur dependent then it doesnt matter that her name is on the tenancy agrement or not.
with regards to funds its good that u both have ur own bank statments ,
for £6600 u can make an affidavit. stating that this amount will be available for ur and ur fiance stay in uk.
hope that helps, this is what i could tell from the best of my knowledge but i suggest u should take others opinion in regrads to ur question as well

kprasath
Newly Registered

Thank You for your inputs

Post by kprasath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you very much for your guidance RANA-ALI :)

We are applying as individual students and as such I guess there is no main applicant in our case.

Regarding affidavit, if it is signed by my banker(Standard Chartered) is it valid?

Thank you once again for your valuable inputs :)

regards
Krishna

RANA-ALI

Re: Thank You for your inputs

Post by RANA-ALI » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:04 am

kprasath wrote:We are applying as individual students and as such I guess there is no main applicant in our case.
so u both applying seprately, do u know this £5400 is required as just for ur maintenance fund for each after paying ur course fee.
if u both have ur own 5400 in ur accounts i think there should be no need for making an affidavit as u both fulfill the requirement. i would say by writing any letter it might create confusion.they could ask her for extra evidence to prove ur relationship...etc
so the extra money u can show just for ur application and ur fiance could show her own bank statment. again i would say, you should ask any expert as well,.
Regards
and goodluck :)

kprasath
Newly Registered

I believe I better leave it as such

Post by kprasath » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 pm

After going through UKBA documents related to Tier 4 Student Visa I believe it is better if i just keep the money in my account and not relate it to my fiance as stated by RANA-ALI I believe they may start asking about our relationship and may ask for proof which I believe may create confusion.

What I am planning is to use the money to rent the flat in my name and never bring her into this in the visa application process, and after we reach UK then we will move in and register as such. As she has a separate account with £5400 in it and I have a separate account with £12000 in it I guess we are safe and I better leave it as such and when asked about accommodation we will say that we are searching for one and will get it before we come to UK.

If anyone has other ideas I request you to help me with it.

Thank you once again your valuable suggestions RANA-ALI :D

regards
Krishna

kprasath
Newly Registered

Thanks Everyone

Post by kprasath » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 pm

I wish to Thank everyone who helped me in applying for my visa. I got my visa delivered today.

Once again Thank you :) :) :)

Krishna