ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter question please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baje

Employer letter question please

Post by Baje » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm using the template for the employer letter which was given on the forum. My query is about the first sentence:

This is to state that [Applicant name] is presently employed with [Sponsor name] since [Date of commencement of employment in UK with sponsor] and presently holds the job title of [Job title].

If I worked for the company since February on another basis (intern and contract worker) but only got the work permit in August, am I right in thinking that the date included should be the August one although that isnt technically the date I started working with them?

Thanks

Baje

Post by Baje » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi does anyone have any advice on the below please? I tried calling the UKBA but the person I spoke to wasnt very helpful.

Thank you.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Baje wrote:Hi does anyone have any advice on the below please? I tried calling the UKBA but the person I spoke to wasnt very helpful.

Thank you.
Your best bet would be to get the letter which mentions the date on which WP was approved (as thats the start of your stay under ILR qualifying visa)